Question about spinning reels.

Rod Martin

Question about spinning reels.

Post by Rod Martin »

I have a almost new Shimano reel the stacks line on the reel more front than back. Is there a cure for that.

Thanks
Rod
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
mark poulson

Re: Question about spinning reels.

Post by mark poulson »

Rod Martin wrote:I have a almost new Shimano reel the stacks line on the reel more front than back. Is there a cure for that.

Thanks
Rod
Rod,
Post your question here: tackletour.net
Those guys know all about spinning reels.
I've actually read the cause of and fix for that problem on that forum, but I don't remember what it was. Doh!!! :lol:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Yes, there's an easy fix and NO you don't need to go to TackleTour to get it.
In your factory box there is a pack of little black disks. Take your spool off and add one to the spool shaft like those already there. That's it!
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

DanIsaac wrote:Yes, there's an easy fix and NO you don't need to go to TackleTour to get it.
In your factory box there is a pack of little black disks. Take your spool off and add one to the spool shaft like those already there. That's it!

Thanks Mark but I like Dans answer better :D . I looked and found the box, it has the washers and I am well on the way to fixing it.
You know, that's faster service than I get from Reelex :wink: :wink: and they're the best around. Moved to Florida but still send my reels to reelex
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Rod Martin wrote:
DanIsaac wrote:Yes, there's an easy fix and NO you don't need to go to TackleTour to get it.

Thanks Mark but I like Dans answer better :D . I looked and found the box, it has the washers and I am well on the way to fixing it.
You know, that's faster service than I get from Reelex :wink: :wink: and they're the best around. Moved to Florida but still send my reels to reelex
:wink:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY