Shimano Sahara 2500 Spinning Reels

dog

Shimano Sahara 2500 Spinning Reels

Post by dog »

I have 5 Shimano Sahara 2500 Spinning reels, and they are starting to have the same problem of locking up and hard reeling under a load. It seems this is a common problem.
I am thinking of replacing them with something else in the 80 to 120$ range. What is your suggestions if you had to get new spinning reels the same size as the 2500, what would you go with that is known to last with little problems. I use braid on all but 1 and use them in a med duty application. Would like to get some feedback on this one. :)
JakeV77

Re: Shimano Sahara 2500 Spinning Reels

Post by JakeV77 »

I’ve had that same problem with my symetres, especially after getting wet. I used to oil them up and the problem would go away for a bit but then return after a few trip. I finally stripped them completely down, casing and all and the problem seemed to be a buildup of grease and oil in the housing of the reel. Cleaned th up and problem solved. Spinning reels seemed to be a lot less complicated than casting reels. I know that’s not exactly what you were asking for, just my two cents.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

straight forward fix. Feel free to give me a call. Dan 650-454-4938
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
65mph Bayliner

Post by 65mph Bayliner »

I highly recommend Dan Isaac,

He fixed my Shimano Stradic CI4+, great price, quick turnaround time, and quality work!

Thank's again Dan!
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

I would suggest Dan as well if you want to keep them. I have the old stradic's and Dan has kept them going at a very reasonable price.

Consider looking at these Diawa reels. I back reel fish as opposed to always worrying about the drag settings and Shimano removed the anti reverse switch feature on the new reels so these Diawa reels fit my needs.I currently have two and every review I have read folks love them and love the price point.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Daiwa_BG ... e-DBG.html

Richie Rich
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix