Coors Light Delta Event OPEN TO ALL Teams | $150 to Fish for a Jeep

WB Staff

Coors Light Delta Event OPEN TO ALL Teams | $150 to Fish for a Jeep

Post by WB Staff »

26814962_908494686009063_1565455213103983807_n.jpg
The Coors Light Invitational is now open to ALL TEAMS that want to fish it - and love to fish the California delta for big bass in mid Februrary!

It's all going down on Saturday, Feb 10th at Ladds Marina. Entry is $150 per team, with a 1st prize being a new Jeep, and cash paid down the line!

If you can't travel, an want and opportunity to fish a marquee event that carries a low entry fee, has a limited field (100 teams), and is close to home ...this is your chance!

Go to http://www.anglerspress.com or call 916.768.0938 TODAY to get signed up!
67_4695cb3b19cbf906e45dac0da0913068_m.jpg
BigBassDaddy1190

Re: Coors Light Delta Event OPEN TO ALL Teams | $150 to Fish for a Jeep

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

Were they having trouble filling spots?

I thought the point of it was that it was invitational only?
AnglersPress

Post by AnglersPress »

Signups for the event are doing very well.

Please note that we looked to host this event last November, but the unbelievable bottleneck in the permit process, precluded us from obtaining a viable date, and the event had to be postponed - with a date TBA.

With that postponement, many anglers who qualified, notified us that they (understandably) made commitments and plans with various organizations (in Feb) that require extensive pre-fishing, and travel, and though they wish to fish it, find it impossible to do so.

As we did not wish to cancel, and break stride on a marquee event, a Feb date was obtained - and to this end, and for this year, we have opened it up to give ALL anglers/teams that love to fish the delta, and who for whatever reason, cannot travel, the opportunity to fish a 1-day marquee event that is fun, low-cost/high reward, and local to the area.

We look forward to seeing you all there!

Angler's Press Outdoors
kmah

Post by kmah »

BigBassDaddy1190 wrote:Were they having trouble filling spots?

I thought the point of it was that it was invitational only?
Just took a screen shot off the Anglers Press rules posted on their website. I highlighted the portion you are asking about.

Good luck if you are fishing it this year. Regardless of how many people show or don’t show where else can we win a brand new vehicle for $150.00.
Attachments
8FADA0B8-45E6-4569-A5BD-79C9F416FD4B.jpeg
BigBassDaddy1190

The field will be capped at 100 regardless?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Ahhh... the old bait and switch..

Now its "Open to All" not "the next in line and/or those who attended other events".

He was telling everyone at the ISE they could fish it.

This guys business practice amazes me..
OG on WB since 1993
Lurkstatus

Post by Lurkstatus »

If anyone is looking for a Co-Angler for this tournament...Let me know!
ILW

Post by ILW »

I am wondering why it is being called "a bait and switch" if the rules say they reserve the right to fill the field if qualifiers cannot attend.

Seems like I have read that a few different places that the tournament director or organization or ownership or whoever qualifies this certain group but if there isn't a full field with that group then they have the right to fill the field in another way.

I don't see any places given away a jeep, boat, car, truck or anything for a $150 entry to any team except this event but there is still complaining. No, I am not fishing it but I would fish it if I didn't have a prior commitment and I would be happy to get in since the qualifiers cannot attend. Regardless of that if it is announced that the field will be filled one way or another, what is the big deal if it is. Maybe I am missing something.
TRUFISH

Post by TRUFISH »

Read the highlighted rules again. It says they can fill it with anglers who attended angler press events in 2016, not to all.
BigBassDaddy1190

ILW wrote:I am wondering why it is being called "a bait and switch" if the rules say they reserve the right to fill the field if qualifiers cannot attend.

Seems like I have read that a few different places that the tournament director or organization or ownership or whoever qualifies this certain group but if there isn't a full field with that group then they have the right to fill the field in another way.

I don't see any places given away a jeep, boat, car, truck or anything for a $150 entry to any team except this event but there is still complaining. No, I am not fishing it but I would fish it if I didn't have a prior commitment and I would be happy to get in since the qualifiers cannot attend. Regardless of that if it is announced that the field will be filled one way or another, what is the big deal if it is. Maybe I am missing something.
Why try and qualify for something prior if they will end up letting you fish the “Invitational” regardless?

Wouldn’t have wasted my money in other events to qualify. Not trying to be a dick in this thread at all, but you most definitely are missing something.
Dodgers76

Post by Dodgers76 »

It's always something at every event but people put up with it because of the love of the tug.this has been happening every year of the coors light
ILW

Post by ILW »

Trufish thanks for pointing that out. I get it now.
Mike

Post by Mike »

The selling point for all of the specialty events was the top 25 got to fish for a Truck! So a lot of guys spent $$ time and effort to do that. I'm sure they were stoked to get in only to find out now they are letting ANYONE in. Even if you have never fished a FPT event. Including locals & guides :shock:

Good luck to all of the "out of towers" that put in all of the effort to qualify only to get beat by 10 pounds!
OG on WB since 1993
Phil Burgess

Post by Phil Burgess »

so any one can fish it for 150 bucks....... are there any spots left???
ILL RIDE TO HELL AND BACK WITH YOU BOYS!!!!!!!!!!
MARKDOG

Post by MARKDOG »

If your fishing this Tournament you BETTER read the fine print in the RULES. Only certain Brands of baits from previous events through the Season Opens can be used... "SPREAD THE WORD FELLA'S"!!!
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

If the field is "capped" at (120) Boats, then the intent of the rules is being maintained.
If there are going to be (250) Boats now in this "Invitational" then the guys that worked to qualify are getting screwed and this is a money grab for Anglers Press.