CDA and Dworshak

Blackhawk431

CDA and Dworshak

Post by Blackhawk431 »

Looking to head up this monday with the skeeter to do some bass fishing. Never been on either one and looking for some tips on both lakes. Ill be fishing next week and keeping my boat up there for when i go back to work and then back up there first week of march.

Dworshak looks to be a confusing lake according to navionics plus on my boat since it looks deep and same type of bank for 30 miles.

Any help is appreciated
Stratos278

Re: CDA and Dworshak

Post by Stratos278 »

Shoot a PM to Tyler Brinks (ttb31183). He's in Eastern Washington (Spokane) and fishes the Idaho lakes quite a bit
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
ttb31183

Re: CDA and Dworshak

Post by ttb31183 »

Blackhawk431 wrote:Looking to head up this monday with the skeeter to do some bass fishing. Never been on either one and looking for some tips on both lakes. Ill be fishing next week and keeping my boat up there for when i go back to work and then back up there first week of march.

Dworshak looks to be a confusing lake according to navionics plus on my boat since it looks deep and same type of bank for 30 miles.

Any help is appreciated
CDA and Dworshak are excellent fisheries. Don't think you will get to realize the potential this time of year though. It is really cold up here...the water is probably in the mid 30's. Your best chance to catch something will be with a blade bait fished deep.

You are right about Dworshak being confusing and it is very big. It goes on for miles and miles and does look the same, the key is finding kokanee they feed on. You'll need to check the current water levels and then adjust that on your Navionics app to get it to the current level. I was there in the fall and it was down 80-feet.

Also, I'd really check the weather before you head to Dworshak as you need to go down some very, very steep hills to get to it and if it is icy or snowy you will be in real trouble.
Tyler Brinks