Adjusting the Lake’s Water Level for More Accurate Mapping SUPER QUICK VID TIP

WB Staff

Adjusting the Lake’s Water Level for More Accurate Mapping SUPER QUICK VID TIP

Post by WB Staff »

Adjusting the Lake’s Water Level for More Accurate Mapping

How-To Adjust the Water Level to Current Lake Conditions on YOur Navionics App

Morgan

Re: Adjusting the Lake’s Water Level for More Accurate Mapping SUPER QUICK VID TIP

Post by Morgan »

That a good tip, but out west, our lakes drop 100' or more. Can you increase the max setting (instead of 50')?

Thanks, Morgan
ttb31183

Re: Adjusting the Lake’s Water Level for More Accurate Mapping SUPER QUICK VID TIP

Post by ttb31183 »

Morgan wrote:That a good tip, but out west, our lakes drop 100' or more. Can you increase the max setting (instead of 50')?

Thanks, Morgan
It is a max of 150 feet down or 50 feet high. I have used this in one instance where it was a lake that was 84-feet down and it worked great.
Tyler Brinks
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

So, I guess it was that I don't have that version or don't have it set up the same ? I have tried it on both my computer and my phone.

Is this feature available on my chart, a HDS Gen3?

Morgan
Attachments
nav screenshot.jpg
nav screenshot.jpg (49.98 KiB) Viewed 2922 times
ttb31183

Post by ttb31183 »

Are you able to scroll down some? That is my screen but below that is SonarChart Live, Water Level Correction and Water Level Adjustment. If not, you may need to update the app to the newest version.

Tyler
Tyler Brinks
Hookset5

Post by Hookset5 »

Ive done some extensive research on this and using a HB unit (or Lowrance) you MUST have a reference point to be able to determine water level at home. As an example, Lake Camanche at Elevation 207 is -25 lake level offset. The only way to determine that is to go there and adjust your water level offset on your map to your sonar depth.. then, and only then, find the current water elevation posted on cdec. That is the required information you need to be able to sit at home in the future, in your boat and make a plan.