Dick's Sporting Goods Has Gone Off the Deep End!

ACP

Dick's Sporting Goods Has Gone Off the Deep End!

Post by ACP »

I just received an email from Dick's titled "Reel It In! Shop Lures, Rigs & More". I know the Z-Man Jackhammer is expensive at $15.99 but Dick's is selling them for the low low price of $19.99. :shock:
RJB

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods Has Gone Off the Deep End!

Post by RJB »

Lot of stores have baits priced differently. Dicks does sell a few Jackall baits for $9.99 that the Hook sells for $24! So go figure!
basshol

Post by basshol »

I buy my yamamoto and kietech from Dicks.every other month they have but one get one free.cznt beat that deal
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

They jack up the prices so they can offer buy 1 get 1 at half price or similar type deals. I haven't seen the buy one get one free deal for senkos or keitechs. That would be a good deal but they usually carry every color but the color you want.
steve black

Post by steve black »

I went to the Turlock store a few weeks ago and was looking threw the discontinued bin, when a employee asked me if I was looking for any of the Lucky Craft LV's that they had marked down that day, for $5 bucks, before I could answer, he in the same breath was only too proud of himself to inform me he had bought them all before any customers had a chance to buy any and that I missed a great deal. I didn't know what to say and just stared at him. What a tool, where do they find these associates? Ive been in retail for over 20 years, and I know great deals come down the line every once in awhile, its been my under standing that's the way stores draw customers to entice them to spend more money while visiting the store. If that is Dicks policy letting their employees buy before the customers, then perhaps they should tell their employees to not brag about it to the customers.
I don't live close to the store but when the wife and I visit and she likes to go to the girly stores, I usually went into Dicks, to look around and kill time, and perhaps spend some money, not any more I just stay in the car. Maybe its my lost but the way I see it that employee lost my business. And who knows maybe these great price sales that your seeing isn't there, maybe the tool bought them already.
Sorry for the rant guys but I thought I may save you so time and gas money :D
I remember the old MOM&POP that have gone by the way side stores never treated you that way. I'm spending more and more of my money through stores that support my hobby. Happy shopping
Steve.
rangerz20

Post by rangerz20 »

They used to have clearance half off clearance price. Picked up a ton of stuff would buy 50.00 get 10.00 off do the survey on my phone go buy another 50.00 with 10.00 129.00 Shimano rods 30.00. Haven't seen the sale in a few years.