Anyone out there running a Crestliner PT series boat?

TRIXGOTAFISH

Anyone out there running a Crestliner PT series boat?

Post by TRIXGOTAFISH »

Looking for real world reviews from anyone locally running one?

I'll be fishing mainly the Delta and would like to know how it handles all around fishing, stability, speed, chop/rough water?

I've only seen vids of guys east of us and have never seen one on the water.

Curious as to how they compare to the Ranger aluminum as well.....
Whoopbass

Re: Anyone out there running a Crestliner PT series boat?

Post by Whoopbass »

I had a 1997 17.5 foot Crestliner tournament Pro. Maybe their TP series? Anyways that boat rode and fished great.
It had a 115 Johnson on the back and it would do 37-40 mph.
The livewells were horrible. The fit and finish of the boat was fair. The compartments were kinda crude.

So if you go check out any aluminum boat don't believe the top end speed most of these salesman claim.

Check out the compartments and make sure they open and close easily and hopefully they have made them watertight now.

Check out the livewell. If it's just a plastic box with aeration it will probably be a fish killer like mine was. Mine also had a pvc pipe that you would insert into the bottom of the livewell in order to plug and fill with water and it also acted as overflow. When the water got high enough it would flow down the pipe and out of the boat. I was fishing a tournament and one of the fish knocked that pipe out and it drained the live well. I caught it in time but jeeez.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

I think Pacific marine in fresno has a 20ft pt in stock they had one with a 200hp merc but im not sure if they sold it yet.
TRIXGOTAFISH

Post by TRIXGOTAFISH »

Thanks for the replies!

I'd hope by now they have worked out a lot of the bugs you experienced Whoopbass but i have yet to see one in person to really dig into.

This is the video series for anyone else interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMBZXi6DnXU

Jiggin4bass yes that's where i'm currently looking and they said they have a couple PT18's on the way which may fit my garage space better than the PT20

For the most part i'll be fishing (practicing) alone unless i have a buddy or my young son along so not sure i even need the PT20 since i tournament fish out of my partners Z519

I just want something as stable as possible while fishing but also don't want to get killed in the wind/chop on the Delta but i guess if it gets that bad i'll just pack it up and save it for another day...

Nice thing is that it shows a dry weight of the boat as 1500lbs which is heavier than some 18'6" glass boats with narrower beams (92' vs. 96") so hoping that will help out
Ufish

Post by Ufish »

EXCELLENT aluminum boat jon cox won the forest wood cup on flw tour a few years ago out of a crestliner pt20 with a 200hp merc on it he still runs crestliner the only nock on my 2016 Crestliner is the paint will scratch if not careful, but the decks are huge like air craft carrier's and the ride is smooth.make sure to buy at boat country in escalon there service is impeccable
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-02-26-12-47-45-1.png
Screenshot_2018-02-26-12-36-54-1.png
Screenshot_2018-02-26-12-35-59-1.png
Last edited by Ufish on Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ufish

Post by Ufish »

EXCELLENT aluminum boat jon cox won the forest wood cup on flw tour a few years ago out of a crestliner pt20 with a 200hp merc on it he still runs crestliner the only nock on my 2016 Crestliner is the paint but the decks are huge like air craft carrier's and the ride is smooth.MAKE sure you buy at boat country there service is impeccable.
TRIXGOTAFISH

Post by TRIXGOTAFISH »

Ufish wrote:EXCELLENT aluminum boat jon cox won the forest wood cup on flw tour a few years ago out of a crestliner pt20 with a 200hp merc on it he still runs crestliner the only nock on my 2016 Crestliner is the paint but the decks are huge like air craft carrier's and the ride is smooth.MAKE sure you buy at boat country there service is impeccable.
What model do you have?

I first looked at Boat country (thanks to Nick IF) but they don't seem to stock them that's why i looked to Pacific Marine i really wanted to look at the white one they had on a tandem axle trailer but it's sold.

Also it was a 2017 and i researched on BBC forums and a few guys had issues with the 2017's porpoising and they ended up getting new 2018 boats made/sent to them i guess
Ufish

Post by Ufish »

TRIXGOTAFISH wrote:
Ufish wrote:EXCELLENT aluminum boat jon cox won the forest wood cup on flw tour a few years ago out of a crestliner pt20 with a 200hp merc on it he still runs crestliner the only nock on my 2016 Crestliner is the paint but the decks are huge like air craft carrier's and the ride is smooth.MAKE sure you buy at boat country there service is impeccable.
What model do you have?

I first looked at Boat country (thanks to Nick IF) but they don't seem to stock them that's why i looked to Pacific Marine i really wanted to look at the white one they had on a tandem axle trailer but it's sold.

Also it was a 2017 and i researched on BBC forums and a few guys had issues with the 2017's porpoising and they ended up getting new 2018 boats made/sent to them i guess
they can order antything
TRIXGOTAFISH

Post by TRIXGOTAFISH »

Ufish wrote:
TRIXGOTAFISH wrote:
What model do you have?

they can order antything
True!

Right now i'm still up in the air on aluminum vs. glass again as i hate getting blown around but hopefully an Ultrex will help with both the aluminum and smaller glass boats i'm looking into