Trolling motor shaft length?

ACP

Trolling motor shaft length?

Post by ACP »

Time for new trolling motor. All my previous trolling motors had 45" shaft. What shaft length are you running?
JLS (Jay Liu's Service)

Re: Trolling motor shaft length?

Post by JLS (Jay Liu's Service) »

What kind of boat do you have? Boat like Champion uses a 50 to 55 inch. Most boats will be fine with a 45 inch. The best way to find out the best length is to measure from the top deck of the boat to the water then add 24 inches to that length. You need about 24 inches above the top of the prop so you can grab enough water and not blow out water :lol: :lol:

Jay Liu"s Service
ACP

Post by ACP »

[quote="JLS (Jay Liu's Service)"]What kind of boat do you have? Boat like Champion uses a 50 to 55 inch. Most boats will be fine with a 45 inch. The best way to find out the best length is to measure from the top deck of the boat to the water then add 24 inches to that length. You need about 24 inches above the top of the prop so you can grab enough water and not blow out water :lol: :lol:

Jay Liu"s Service[/quote]

I have a Skeeter 195C & have been running a 45" on it for years. I was thinking about going to 52" just to have on those windy days when the waves are big enough to where my trolling motor is blowing out every now & then.
JLS (Jay Liu's Service)

Post by JLS (Jay Liu's Service) »

ACP Yes I would go with a 52 or 55. The Champion bow is much higher then other bass boat. :D :D
ACP

Post by ACP »

[quote="JLS (Jay Liu's Service)"]ACP Yes I would go with a 52 or 55. The Champion bow is much higher then other bass boat. :D :D[/quote]

Thanks!