Weather Radar Snapshot

MikeR

Weather Radar Snapshot

Post by MikeR »

I'm not a weather man/meteorologist but this radar image I just took of the website shows some tropical moisture is being tapped into and it looks like we're in for a few good days of rain starting this weekend....... finally! Due to the Thomas fire burn areas, I'm just hoping it doesn't all come at once like the "March Miracle" years ago when Casitas filled and we had water in the parking lot!

Casitas Management better be prepared for some "turbid" water and not use that as an excuse to not open the diversion again now that even more pressure will be placed on the lake's resources based on this article from the Ventura County Star on Sunday:

"The city of Ventura Ventura’s policymakers will consider selling the city’s 2018 state water allocation to an outside water agency when they meet Monday. The city could recover up to $1.5 million of what it pays for the right to access state water if it gives its yearly share to the San Gorgonio Pass Water Agency, Ventura Water General Manager Kevin Brown wrote in a report. For decades, the city has been paying for that right, although it currently has no connection to the State Water Project. The boundaries for the water agency extend through Calimesa, Beaumont and Banning, according to its website.

The city’s advisory Water Commission is recommending the move even as the United Water Conservation District also expressed interest in buying up to 5,726 acre-feet for $34.74 per acre-foot, the report notes. That would fall short of what the city could get by selling to San Gorgonio.

The commission’s vote was 4-2 with one abstention.

“The majority who voted for the recommendation expressed their resolve to continue working with UWCD and others to bring water into the county but their (fiduciary) responsibility to the ratepayers considering the potential recovery of costs outweighed that concern,” Brown said.

Those who opposed the sale felt the water should be kept in the county."

Just an FYI!

Mike
Attachments
Radar Snapshot.jpg
Always lookin' for mud lines!
https://signarama.com/locations/ca-ventura/