Old dog

Capell cove closure?

Post by Old dog »

Can anybody verify that Capell cove launch ramp is closed. Thanks in advance
DAVE MOEN
Kyle46N

Re: Capell cove closure?

Post by Kyle46N »

I can 150% confirm it's closed as of this morning. I took my Ranger for a country side drive up to the ramp to find massive construction going on in the whole parking lot, from gate to ramp. Repaving the whole thing. Not sure about the ramp. Will take a while I'm sure.

On another note, I can also confirm that the Spanish Flats ramp is crap, to the eye anyhow. I was in no way going to attempt putting a 21 ft Comanche in there with no 4 wheel drive. Gravel/mud/sand, with a grate type pad on one side, but only extends a few feet into the water. Hopefully they can use my 20 dollar donation (given before driving to see the launch....my fault I know) to fix a picnic table or something.

We ended up just coming home.....I'll fish the Delta tomorrow. On the bright side, the hill country sure is pretty!
Old dog

Post by Old dog »

Thanks Kyle. Even the gov. Dept. that runs the place shows it open, sorry you had a crappy day but thanks for saving me a trip to Capell. For future reference the launch at the old Steel Park resort is open, but it's $20 or $25 to launch there, and just about as close as Capell.
DAVE MOEN
HrdHookSets

Post by HrdHookSets »

Kyle46N wrote:I can 150% confirm it's closed as of this morning. I took my Ranger for a country side drive up to the ramp to find massive construction going on in the whole parking lot, from gate to ramp. Repaving the whole thing. Not sure about the ramp. Will take a while I'm sure.

On another note, I can also confirm that the Spanish Flats ramp is crap, to the eye anyhow. I was in no way going to attempt putting a 21 ft Comanche in there with no 4 wheel drive. Gravel/mud/sand, with a grate type pad on one side, but only extends a few feet into the water. Hopefully they can use my 20 dollar donation (given before driving to see the launch....my fault I know) to fix a picnic table or something.

We ended up just coming home.....I'll fish the Delta tomorrow. On the bright side, the hill country sure is pretty!

Need any help fishing the delta :D
“Hooked Up On The Stern”
Tymelostent@icloud.com
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

Old dog wrote:Thanks Kyle. Even the gov. Dept. that runs the place shows it open, sorry you had a crappy day but thanks for saving me a trip to Capell. For future reference the launch at the old Steel Park resort is open, but it's $20 or $25 to launch there, and just about as close as Capell.
A couple of other options on the South end of the lake are Markley Cove and Pleasure Cove. Also, on the North end, I believe that Putah Canyon (Putah Creek) is open. A couple of years ago they were charging $23. Plenty of parking, a good ramp, and two docks. They even have a one-lane low water extension on the ramp.
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
Kyle46N

Post by Kyle46N »

[/quote]

Need any help fishing the delta :D[/quote]

Always, but the back seat is taken...lol. I have a 9 year old boy who has dibs. I would be up for taking someone else every once in a while, but the big Air Force has me heading overseas soon, so I'm trying to spend as much time with my kids as possible.
HrdHookSets

Post by HrdHookSets »

Take a kid I know I would take mine.... be safe out there and next time you have a open seat give me a jingle be gladly to share all expenses. Go catch the big ones Good Luck
“Hooked Up On The Stern”
Tymelostent@icloud.com
jaybird

Post by jaybird »

Any one know the current status on this launch ramp?
Thank you in advance,Jay
RayRe

Post by RayRe »

jaybird wrote:Any one know the current status on this launch ramp?
Thank you in advance,Jay
Supposed to be closed until April 2nd. Repaving whole parking lot.
http://www.monsterfishingtackle.com