First day of Spring....

TravisH

First day of Spring....

Post by TravisH »

Starting off the first day of Spring with some showers... Sounds like rain the next couple days. Your thoughts on helping or hurting the bite????
Attachments
8AAC27FC-9497-4BE9-968A-02861F03414E.jpeg
HrdHookSets

Re: First day of Spring....

Post by HrdHookSets »

Hoping it’s warm rain and I find someone willing to throw on the rain gear like me and get on the water
“Hooked Up On The Stern”
Tymelostent@icloud.com
Kyle46N

Post by Kyle46N »

I can tell you the difference between yesterday and today on the Delta was.....a big difference. We had around 20 fish yesterday, best 5 for 15, wife lost a 6 at the boat, I jumped off another 6 (need to get those in the boat). We stumbled upon a crazy topwater bite at the end of the day. Went back out today knowing it was going to be rainy and miserable, but I just had to give those big fish another shot. Well, they had other ideas, and it didn't involve eating. We ran our exact same pattern as yesterday and ended up with 5 fish for about 9 lbs. 4 lber was big fish. The fish were significantly less aggressive. They stayed shallow though. We saw the all over grass flats in 2 feet of water yesteday, and saw a bunch today too. Maybe it was a low pressure thing and they'll correct over the next few days.
HrdHookSets

Post by HrdHookSets »

Good news to here a actual nice update like that
“Hooked Up On The Stern”
Tymelostent@icloud.com
TravisH

Post by TravisH »

Awesome report Kyle.. I’ve experienced the same thing out on the delta were they will chew before with the low pressure front pushes in and then it takes a couple days for them to get back to chewing agian unless you get a Warm System push through an it can be lights out.. I’m looking forward to trying to get back out this Friday..
Devon8604

Post by Devon8604 »

Spring is finally here! Weather is looking pretty good for next week, hopefully its the start of the warming trend. Especially since ill be @ CL on the 31st. Fingers Crossed.
TravisH

Post by TravisH »

Ow Ya! Looking like 75 degrees next Thursday in the Central Valley...That will definitely get the waves of fish moving up..