have you seen or heard of ?

Rod Martin

have you seen or heard of ?

Post by Rod Martin »

Looking for a bracket the tilts the TM foot pedal towards the fisherman when he is seated instead of standing on the front deck.
I fish sitting down and have found that pushing the front of the tm pedal down puts my foot at an angle that it no longer want to be at.
Would rather buy than build but have not found anything like what I want anywhere.

Thanks
Rod
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
mark poulson

Re: have you seen or heard of ?

Post by mark poulson »

I remember seeing a plate that pivoted around the seat base, so your pedal followed you around, but I don't remember where I saw it, or who made it. Sorry, but it's out there somewhere.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

mark poulson wrote:I remember seeing a plate that pivoted around the seat base, so your pedal followed you around, but I don't remember where I saw it, or who made it. Sorry, but it's out there somewhere.
I saw that its at TH Marine. But What I am looking for is a bracket that will tilt the foot pedal back towards me so I don't have to abuse my ankle so much. I guess arthritis id setting in and those bones don't bend a well as they used too.
rico

Post by rico »

A friend cut a length of 2X6 at a 45 degree angle and mounted the foot pedal to it.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Rod,

Are you anchoring the pedal in place or leaving it loose to move around? Seems you could just get some longer bolts to put in the front pedal holes with a nut on either side, Then you can move the nuts up and down the bolt until you find the position that is comfortable. If you are anchoring it, use longer screws with spacers.

Pat
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Thanks for all the replies.

I'm going to use a wood wedge(1" by 12" attached to a hinge then shims at the top to get the angle) and see what angle works best , since I cannot find what I want anywhere.
Then have it custom built

Next project
I have trouble getting up and down from the front deck so I am looking for a step that will fit into the seat bracket just behind the front deck . If anyone has one or has built one, would love pictures or where to buy.