CdA lure advice

BiggieSmallie

CdA lure advice

Post by BiggieSmallie »

I’ll be making a trip to Lake CdA the first week in May to do some bass fishing. I’m from Michigan and fish for both smallies & largies. I did a search on this website for this topic and did get some helpful info, but I was hoping to get some advice on what 3-4 lures I should bring with me on the plane since I would like to bring the least amount of tackle as possible. Generally in MI I use blades, tubes, jigs, jerkbaits, swimbaits, and lipless cranks early in the year (Apr-Mid May). Would love some advice on what 3-4 specific baits I should have rigged up when I head out in a few weeks. I’ve heard great things about the scenery & the fishing and this has been on my bucket list for awhile. Thanks so much in advance for your recommendations and I’ll be sure to post how we did when I get done with the trip.
ttb31183

Re: CdA lure advice

Post by ttb31183 »

All of the baits you mentioned that work in Michigan will work here. I've fished both here and in Michigan and you will see some similarities.

I would definitely bring some craw colored crankbaits. Ima Pinjack, DT6, etc. Jigs, tubes, jerkbaits and Keitech style swimbaits too. That's what I would bring for the smallmouth.

For largemouth the standard jig, black and blue chatterbaits and swimjigs as well as squarebills.
Tyler Brinks
BiggieSmallie

Post by BiggieSmallie »

Thanks for the advice. Looks like the weather has been warm and will continue to be warm over the next 2 weeks so I might as well bring some topwaters too. Really looking forward to catching my first Idaho bass and will hopefully have a good report to post when I get back. I just got my first few bass here in Michigan and things will really heat up this week since spring has finally arrived.
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

Go down to Harrison and flip docks, don’t waste your time crankin and jerkin catchin dinks, don’t drop shot or neko garbage, trust me.