Alot of abandoned yachts showing up all over the ca delta!

Ufish

Alot of abandoned yachts showing up all over the ca delta!

Post by Ufish »

Been out a few times the year to the ca delta and what stands out is all the abondened boats and yachts that ive seen washed up on the banks or in the 5mph areas what a eye soar im sure its only a matter of time that one sinks just under the surface on a main channel and something tragic happens what can we do about this EPIDEMIC?
TonyM

Re: Alot of abandoned yachts showing up all over the ca delta!

Post by TonyM »

If the governor gets his tunnel project pushed through, any abandoned yachts will be the least of our concerns for the Delta.
Ufish

Post by Ufish »

TonyM wrote:If the governor gets his tunnel project pushed through, any abandoned yachts will be the least of our concerns for the Delta.
Stop crying about the tunnels -NO LORRES ME HO :lol:
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Ufish wrote:Been out a few times the year to the ca delta and what stands out is all the abondened boats and yachts that ive seen washed up on the banks or in the 5mph areas what a eye soar im sure its only a matter of time that one sinks just under the surface on a main channel and something tragic happens what can we do about this EPIDEMIC?
I don't have the answer to your question but I can shed some light on abandoned boats historically. Years ago there were lots of abandoned boats on the Delta, especially in the Fisherman's Cut area. I no longer fish north of Franks, so I don't know the current condition up there. Also, years ago I saw a newspaper article regarding this problem and it was explained that it costs the state a couple thousand dollars to deploy the equipment to remove a 14 foot wooden boat. Do the math to try and figure out what it costs to remove truly big boats. The problem of abandoned boats seems to have improved over the past 10 years and in the last year or so, it seems to me the problem is returning.

The article explained that if a boat goes unregistered for four or more years it get's lost in the system and folks are able to abandon them without consequences. I'm not sure how accurate I am about anything I just wrote, but I believe it to be at least close to the truth.
Ufish

Post by Ufish »

monte300 wrote:
Ufish wrote:Been out a few times the year to the ca delta and what stands out is all the abondened boats and yachts that ive seen washed up on the banks or in the 5mph areas what a eye soar im sure its only a matter of time that one sinks just under the surface on a main channel and something tragic happens what can we do about this EPIDEMIC?
I don't have the answer to your question but I can shed some light on abandoned boats historically. Years ago there were lots of abandoned boats on the Delta, especially in the Fisherman's Cut area. I no longer fish north of Franks, so I don't know the current condition up there. Also, years ago I saw a newspaper article regarding this problem and it was explained that it costs the state a couple thousand dollars to deploy the equipment to remove a 14 foot wooden boat. Do the math to try and figure out what it costs to remove truly big boats. The problem of abandoned boats seems to have improved over the past 10 years and in the last year or so, it seems to me the problem is returning.

The article explained that if a boat goes unregistered for four or more years it get's lost in the system and folks are able to abandon them without consequences. I'm not sure how accurate I am about anything I just wrote, but I believe it to be at least close to the truth.
I only see his getting alot worse in that case thanks for the info