The Fish Are Biting

ttb31183

The Fish Are Biting

Post by ttb31183 »

It appears as though the Inland Northwest has awoken. Everywhere I look on social media I see buddies with pictures of big bass. Largemouth and smallmouth both are being caught on several different lakes.

I made it out twice this past week and the fish were definitely biting. Not only bass but walleye, trout, you name it. They were all biting. After a long winter that dragged on for longer than normal, it appears the fish have finally started biting.

I was able to fool quite a few smallmouth in my two trips with red crankbaits. I used at least five different models from different brands and they were all getting bit. I've yet to catch a big one (over 4lbs), but the 1.5-3lb fish sure are fun on a crankbait.

I have also been having a field day with trout on Long Lake. Crankbaits, jerkbaits, tubes, drop-shot...they have all been catching them.

The Spokane Bass Club has a big open team tournament coming up next weekend and I predict some giant weights because the fish are definitely going to be biting. I was also mapping with SonarChart Live while I was out there and as you can see I covered just about every depth.

Thankfully Spring is finally here!
Tyler Brinks