MLF?

callwakeup

MLF?

Post by callwakeup »

I notice that there is very little Major League Fishing chatter in the forums-
What’s the general consensus on the format and the TV programming? And I’m curious as to the financial payout structure of the entire model.

Any insights?
monte300

Re: MLF?

Post by monte300 »

I like it a lot, particularly the pressure of knowing where you stand at all times. I've heard it's a $50k winner take all format and I'm sure all expenses are paid for the pros fishing it.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

One of the best for TV / SM Bass fishing business models out there. Small field, live updates, camera in each boat exciting. I think the format is great to watch vs highlights from a derby that happened a month ago. From a business perspective i would imagine the initial up front cost and overhead is big but it obviously makes money for them, or they wouldnt continue.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Been awhile since I posted on WB.

There is an active FB group in AZ that does a head-to-head bracket-style fishoff. Its kinda neat to watch how it progresses. yeah, I know its not MLF, but the style of fishing is similar.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
Mike

Post by Mike »

Pissed Dish dropped the Outdoor channel from my package. Any other way to watch?
OG on WB since 1993
Scott L

Post by Scott L »

I think it is a great format for TV. Pretty good format for the anglers as well from what I can see. IIRC it was developed by Outdoor channel and 12-14 top pros to create a new format.

From the pros perspective it seems as though they are always in it, if they can just find the right pattern. Meaning they can load the boat with numbers of fish in the final period and say the leader hasn't been able to adjust from the first period pattern. The sudden death with a cut weight is an interesting perspective.

If not mistaken, the whole thing is done in a week approximately 6-7 months before airing one round per week. I've heard some of the anglers mention they can't celebrate because they have to keep the winner a secret. I also like the 1 lb. threshold for a keeper vs having to measure the fish.

It is educational for me to watch the pro figure out a new body of water knowing someone else is catching fish.

I rarely watch the traditional tournaments anymore, but I will watch the MLF even if I know who may have won.
Scott L

Post by Scott L »

Mike wrote:Pissed Dish dropped the Outdoor channel from my package. Any other way to watch?
For $10/month or $100/year you can get MyOutdoorTV.com it has all the programs from the Outdoor channel. I've been thinking of dropping cable and getting this.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Infinite/comcast has it
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

Scott L wrote:
Mike wrote:Pissed Dish dropped the Outdoor channel from my package. Any other way to watch?
For $10/month or $100/year you can get MyOutdoorTV.com it has all the programs from the Outdoor channel. I've been thinking of dropping cable and getting this.
You can watch on WFN (World Fishing Network), they are on Dish (at least they were)
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
callwakeup

Post by callwakeup »

Im always amazed how the 3rd period is the most dynamic.. really shows me that the morning bite isn’t as important as i always thought —- its really about narrowing down a pattern, then targeting the bigger fish tactics and structure within the pattern
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Best part for me.

The fish are caught, weighted and back in the lake. All while I get to watch.

Action, Drama and the agony of defeat .
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM