House Bill Rider Will Doom Delta

MichaelB

House Bill Rider Will Doom Delta

Post by MichaelB »

If this "rider", tagged onto an unrelated House Appropriations bill makes it out of committee, and makes it into law, it will eliminate any court action to fight the Delta Tunnels.

It never ends, more sleazy efforts to circumvent any attempts to fight the Delta Tunnels. The more of this crap that goes on, the more it appears there is no stopping this catastrophe from happening.

From Restore the Delta:
"If this rider survives in committee and then passes Congress, it would eliminate legal hurdles for the Delta Tunnels. As a result, California WaterFix proponents could begin building the project sooner with fewer legal repercussions. This bill is a constitutional nightmare that violates state rights and proper due process, which is why we must call on our representatives to stop the rider in its tracks."

https://mailchi.mp/restorethedelta/acti ... 941322a69d
WB Staff

Re: House Bill Rider Will Doom Delta

Post by WB Staff »

Thanks for posting this!

Here is the letter Restore the Delta gives to make it quick and easy to help ...

If this rider survives in committee and then passes Congress, it would eliminate legal hurdles for the Delta Tunnels. As a result, California WaterFix proponents could begin building the project sooner with fewer legal repercussions. This bill is a constitutional nightmare that violates state rights and proper due process, which is why we must call on our representatives to stop the rider in its tracks.

Please contact your representatives to express your vehement disapproval of the California WaterFix project, and demand that rider SEC. 437 be removed from the bill before it leaves committee.

“Hello , my name is ____, and I live in ______, CA. I am calling to express my disapproval of The House Appropriations Committee’s 2019 Spending Bill’s rider Sec. 437 which poses a direct threat to our Constitution by suggesting that the CA WaterFix project would no longer be subject to judicial review under any Federal or State Law. This is a complete violation of due process and state rights and I demand that this rider be removed from the bill. Thank you."
Senator Feinstein’s D.C. Office:
Phone: (202) 224-3841
Senator Feinstein can also be reached via email

Senator Harris’s D.C. Office:
Phone (202) 224 – 3553
Senator Harris can also be reached via email

Congressman Ken Calvert, the suspected author of this proposed bill, should also be contacted.

Congressman Calvert’s DC Office:
Phone: (202) 225-1986
Congressman Calvert can also be reached via email

We appreciate your continued activism and efforts to protect the Bay-Delta!

Yours in Service,
monte300

Post by monte300 »

I called all three numbers and the results were as follows. I was not allowed to leave a voicemail for Senator Feinstein and after two minutes was disconnected. I was able to leave a voicemail with Senator Harris and I actually got a live person answer Congressman Calvert's phone. Can someone please post all three email addresses to make it easier for us to complain?
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

monte300 wrote:I called all three numbers and the results were as follows. I was not allowed to leave a voicemail for Senator Feinstein and after two minutes was disconnected. I was able to leave a voicemail with Senator Harris and I actually got a live person answer Congressman Calvert's phone. Can someone please post all three email addresses to make it easier for us to complain?
If you go to the link in my original post, there are direct links available to send emails:
I doubt the Clown from SoCal that authored the "rider" wants to hear from you..... unless you live in his district.

MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

This absolutely figures. The author of the appropriations bill "rider", Congressman Ken Calvert, is being funded by numerous entities who will benefit from the construction of the Tunnels.

From "Restore the Delta":
OUR PRESS RELEASE: Today, Restore the Delta noted that the author of a rider seeking to ban all litigation against the Delta Tunnels, Congressman Ken Calvert, R-Corona, has received a number of campaign contributions from various construction and engineering corporations, including the Parsons Corporation, the bottled water industry, Southern California developer interests, and general members of the Southern California Water Committee.

Here is the complete read:

http://www.restorethedelta.org/2018/05/ ... led-water/
george

Post by george »

I just left message with Kalverts office and they said he would call me back; lets see if that happens! I told him that I did not support his rider to not allow lawsuits against the project or sponsors and will go to all lengths to cost him a many votes as possible in next election if he does not pull this rider.
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

george wrote:I just left message with Kalverts office and they said he would call me back; lets see if that happens! I told him that I did not support his rider to not allow lawsuits against the project or sponsors and will go to all lengths to cost him a many votes as possible in next election if he does not pull this rider.
Thanks for trying to do something George ..... Here is a rundown on Congressman Calvert, an absolute 5-Star Sleazebag who has pushed for numerous bills to increase pumping to the detriment of the Delta and fish. The link to the complete read follows this snippet:

From "Restore the Delta"
"Last fall, Congressman Calvert introduced H.R. 3916, known as the FISH Act, which would gut endangered fish protections in the Delta that curtail excess pumping during dryer, low-flow months. "Calvert’s ethical-political constraints are not limited to ineffective water policy that only benefits the one percent. The Huffington Post reported on Calvert’s shameful history of corruption ranging from 'shady real estate deals' related to taxpayer-funded transportation projects to an 'international espionage and bribery caper in Saudi Arabia,' and a prostitution scandal.