Night Fishing

rickyshabazz

Night Fishing

Post by rickyshabazz »

I am working on a webinar for night fishing. What are some questions that people want to know? I will be talking about mapping, baits and finding fish at night. Any other questions?

The Wanabepro
midnightbite

Re: Night Fishing

Post by midnightbite »

Night fishing is pretty much what I live for. How about ...

Lighting
*Favorite headlamps and why
*On board lighting
*To blacklight or not to blacklight?
*Screwing up your night vision? Spooking fish? Attracting them?
*How bad it sucks getting old and losing your vision but still having to tie an albright knot at night - and how to solve that, thank you in advance.

Let me (or everyone) know how to watch the webinar.

Thanks and good luck!

-Dax
Sam K

Post by Sam K »

Fluorescent lines...for use with blacklights.

blacklights: rub rail, LED, cap lights, old school fluorescent.

GPS...use it, but look where you're going as well.

Safety issues.

rules/regs for different lakes.
M Pollard

Post by M Pollard »

Do you have to up size your baits at night?
do you use reaction or not at night?
Top Water or dead stick?
will small baits work at night also?
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Once the sun is completely set do you camp your favorite point and wait for them to come up or do you still bounce around :D

What is your favorite technique for night fishing?
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
CG

Post by CG »

LARRY HEMPHILL !!!!!!
Larry Hemphill

Post by Larry Hemphill »

I was reading this thread about night fishing - and there I was! I haven't had many requests for night fishing lately - not sure why. I just do what the public wants, and they like daylight now I guess. Most of the large bass over 10 lbs that my clients and I have caught are more active at night, especially in the spring and late fall. My two biggest Clear Lake client bass - 12 lbs 9 oz and 12 lbs 2 oz were caught at night. Actually one just before dark. My biggest Clear Lake bass is 13 lbs 3 oz, caught around midnight. I feel night fishing will just get better and better in the future as daytime fishing pressure becomes insane with near 200 boat tourneys now, not to mention all the pre-fishing and relocation of keeper bass to one or two locations at Berryessa and Clear Lake. Someone needs to get a handle on this.
Bsapp

Post by Bsapp »

Larry I have not seen you at Clearlake in a while after dark. A few of us die hardnite guys are still hitting it. We should go out on a nite trip together. Or come fish a wed nite shootout with us.
2833-34497

Post by 2833-34497 »

What's your opinion and approach at night on:
New Moon versus Full Moons?
Transition period for Bass from light to total dark (if so how long)?
Best/favorite lures and way you fish them? Colors?
Favorite times to night fish (conditions, season, etc.)?
Effects of Fog, Wind, etc at night?
Tips or tricks?

Thanks!
Larry Hemphill

Post by Larry Hemphill »

I love your name - must have been a winning ticket number! I have written articles on all your questions - they were excellent questions!! I have fished nights for about 40 years - guiding and fun fishing. Last year and so far this year, everyone wants to fish in daylight - imagine that!! Actually, I have a night trip scheduled in about 2 weeks! If you have never seen a 10 lb or bigger bass jump at night in front of the black lights that we use at night, you have missed one of the major thrills of bass fishing! They look twice as big at night and sound three time as big when they land back in the water. I don't recommend this event if you have a weak heart!!! Maybe I could find a way to reprint these articles on wb.com.
2833-34497

Post by 2833-34497 »

Larry Hemphill wrote:I love your name - must have been a winning ticket number! I have written articles on all your questions - they were excellent questions!! I have fished nights for about 40 years - guiding and fun fishing. Last year and so far this year, everyone wants to fish in daylight - imagine that!! Actually, I have a night trip scheduled in about 2 weeks! If you have never seen a 10 lb or bigger bass jump at night in front of the black lights that we use at night, you have missed one of the major thrills of bass fishing! They look twice as big at night and sound three time as big when they land back in the water. I don't recommend this event if you have a weak heart!!! Maybe I could find a way to reprint these articles on wb.com.
That would be sweet!
Freefall

Post by Freefall »

Larry Hemphill wrote:I love your name - must have been a winning ticket number! I have written articles on all your questions - they were excellent questions!! I have fished nights for about 40 years - guiding and fun fishing. Last year and so far this year, everyone wants to fish in daylight - imagine that!! Actually, I have a night trip scheduled in about 2 weeks! If you have never seen a 10 lb or bigger bass jump at night in front of the black lights that we use at night, you have missed one of the major thrills of bass fishing! They look twice as big at night and sound three time as big when they land back in the water. I don't recommend this event if you have a weak heart!!! Maybe I could find a way to reprint these articles on wb.com.

That would be much appreciated. I'm on the mend from a substantial injury and won't be fishing until August and would love to expand my knowledge. I haven't done much night fishing but I do know I'd like to give it a shot this summer.
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
clum553946

Post by clum553946 »

Well, I prefer night fishing. You avoid jetskis & ski boats, you dont have to fight for your spots, it’s cooler, quieter & you catch some really nice fish! Also, you see more shooting stars in 30 nights than most people see in a lifetime! I’m also a hard core night owl!