Opinions on delta tides...

TravisH

Opinions on delta tides...

Post by TravisH »

There’s a couple events this weekend on the Delta and everyone has there opinions on High and Low tides. What’s your opinion when there’s not to much water movement?
Attachments
6E777B0D-4A98-4C8D-B1CA-CBC9A117F407.jpeg
Turkeyman

Re: Opinions on delta tides...

Post by Turkeyman »

To me it doesn't matter what the tides is as I don't know the delta good enough to say "I need to be here at this tide."
I just fish an area that I know and adjust to whatever the tide is.
Caleb.Smith

Post by Caleb.Smith »

Probably not going to get to many replys on this topic....
Once someone figures it out their lips are sealed!!!
Gotta be in the right place at the right time, Sometimes that window is bigger than other times....
Tarpon120

Post by Tarpon120 »

It's hard to take this question seriously when it feels so much like a commercial.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

To me, it's an up and down question. :lol:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

Pre-fish the delta and find out what tides are producing frequent decent bites and what situation you are fishing. Typically it’s a moving tide. Once you figure out the bite on the tide, follow the tide around the delta, then when it flips to another tide, chase it back. Do this with 15-20 spots in a day, duplicating your pre-fish situation. During times on little to no movement, throw a frog this time of year or punch deeper grass (3-6 feet). Worst comes to worst, drop shot the outside grass line in your favorite areas.
Jerred A Jennings

Post by Jerred A Jennings »

I’m amazed at the Challenge the Delta gives me every year. It’s a constant change. Been out there a long time. Find out what tide your getting your better bites and run that. Sometimes bite windows are small and sometimes there large. Takes constant fishing out there to stay on them. (You are always around them) Changes constantly.
Good luck.
Bassfishman

Post by Bassfishman »

Ive always had more confidence fishing the high tide. I really like an early morning high tide best. I have the least confidence with a mid day low tide.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Bassfishman wrote:Ive always had more confidence fishing the high tide. I really like an early morning high tide best. I have the least confidence with a mid day low tide.
Same here, it's much easier to crank a high tide. Back in the day when there were some good solid weedlines I would crank the outside of the weedline keeping my bait in the strike zone 90% of the time. I would target the dead low tide for this fishing so I could see the weedline.