Fishing CA Delta June 8

AKBASSFISHING

Fishing CA Delta June 8

Post by AKBASSFISHING »

California Delta 6/8/2018

Water Temp 69 - 71
Visibility 2 – 4 feet
Wind 5 - 15 mph

It feels good to be back on the water. We launched at around 6:30 in the morning. It was a bit chilly, but the water was warm.

Our initial game plan was to fish topwater all morning, and the fish seemed to definitely be feeding. On our second spot, we loaded the boat with about a dozen bass ranging from a pound to around three-pounds. The fish were very tight to cover, so making accurate casts was a must. With so much luck in a single area, we went back through the area with Senkos and managed some more decent fish up to three-pounds. The fish were super aggressive, and even the small six-inch fish couldn’t deter the Tsuyoi Weedless Wacky hook from sticking them.

We followed this pattern for about two hours, and then the bite simmered down once the sun came out. With the sun, came a steady western breeze. This put a nice ripple on the water, so I switched to my handy chatterbait. Almost immediately, I started to put bass in the boat. The fish that ate the chatterbait, were generally larger, ranging from two to three and a half pounds. Surprisingly, the bite was good all day in the murky water.

This pattern lasted until noon, then the water seemed to clear up. With our bite slow, we took a short lunch break at Sugar Barge. Their hamburgers are surprisingly good haha.

After our lunch, we searched around for a good bite, and found it on a bluegill colored crank. Again, the nicer fish started to chew with the best pushing four. Fished a little longer and found some more fish on the drop-shot. My sister had a blast and even managed a fatty!

By two, the wind was starting to gust, so we called it a day. Overall, not a huge limit, but a fun day regardless.

Notes

The fish were very aggressive in the morning, but as the sun got higher in the sky, the bite slowed.

Fishing topwater early, and then switching to the chatterbait and cranks got some good fish. Senkos and drop-shot continue to pick up solid fish.
Attachments
20180608_075150_HDR (2).jpg
IMG_7056 (2).jpg
20180608_151631_HDR.jpg