Summertime fishing pants?

Pat

Summertime fishing pants?

Post by Pat »

I am looking for pants that give UPF protection and are cool and comfortable. Any recommendations and experience? And...don't break the bank.

Thanks

Pat
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Re: Summertime fishing pants?

Post by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER »

Columbia PFG are my favorite. They make good L/S shirts and sun gloves too. If you’re close go to the outlet in Livermore and you can get %30-%50 off
Scott L

Post by Scott L »

I went to one of the Columbia outlets and picked up a couple of styles 2 years ago. One pair is the shants style (zip off lower legs) which I didn't want but they were very light weight and they were +50% off from MSRP. I think they ended up around $20-25. The others are a little thicker material and have a tiny bit of stretch. They might have been $30 after all the discounts. I wear the second style year round. They are comfortable, slightly repel water and dry very quickly if they do get wet. They work well under my raingear in the winter. The Columbia outlet stores will frequently have discounts of 50% and discounts if you spend a certain dollar amount.

The first pair described, I wore yesterday when it was +100 degrees. Yes I was really hot, but the pants didn't contribute to my being hot. Fished all day without sunscreen and no sunburn. Pants, long sleeve sun shirts and sun gaiter over my hat.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I also fish the columbia pants, they hold up well, they breath well, and i dont get burned.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Costco-BC Clothing Zipper legs, cargo stile with plenty of pockets. $19.99
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
Pat

Post by Pat »

Thanks guys, sounds like Columbia does the job. I'm not a Costco member, but will check at Sam's Club too.

Pat
Apimentel

Post by Apimentel »

I also went to the Livermore outlets last November. Spent $40 and have two Columbia PFG it's all I wear fishing. In the winter I put on the Simms Thermal underneath. In the summer I wear the ones I can zip the legs off if it gets too hot.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

My wife bought me some nylon HUK brand shorts love them but probably not low cost
BigBassDaddy1190

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

Simms sun pant

Look on tackle WH