Huddleston Customer Service???

JT-Madera

Huddleston Customer Service???

Post by JT-Madera »

I ordered some of the new Huddleston Huddle-bugs on May 24 after Ron C. recommended them...

They billed my Paypal account the next day, so they already have my money...I have e-mailed them seven times since and supplied them my phone number, etc...NO RESPONCE!!!!! NONE...I even used my other E-mail account and NO RESPONSE...

Now before I get ripped by all you guys for airing my complaint, you should understand that this is not the first time I have ordered from them...When they first opened in Oregon, I ordered their killer trout baits and thought I had found heaven, because their baits rock...I have ordered from them twice since then with no problem until now...

I just cannot understand how someone in business to sell a product could feel that they don't have to respond to customer inquiries...I have never been pushy about the order or threatened to cancel or anything negative... If they are back ordered or behind production or whatever the reason, all they would have to do is tell me, respond to my e-mail, just keep the customer aware and informed...

However thirty days out and they already have my money, I'm thinking of filing a complain with Paypal...What do you guys think I should do...Some suggestions would be appreciated..

thanx for listening

JT-Madera

p.s. wish I had just had Gene at the Hook ship them to me...live and learn...
raverfusion

Re: Huddleston Customer Service???

Post by raverfusion »

dang that sucks man, at first I thought well maybe they are on vacation? but then you said 30 days out...Hmmmmm
I have orded from them too in the past..and all has been fine...with the huddle bug getting a makeover with this new rigg. I know that there is a rush..but like you said they should email you to let you know what is up. given them 1 more week then file a complaint..sorry bud
edw

Re: Huddleston Customer Service???

Post by edw »

I also had a little problem. I ordered 4 Hudds and after a period of two weeks I called to see why I haven't received them. I was forgotten but my money was accepted right away. Anyway, after a few e mails my Hudds were sent. I think the problem is the volume of sales must be a little bit much to handle at times.
L Dub

huddle-bug problems

Post by L Dub »

I ordered the huddle-bugs about a month ago, the ones with the weights attached. Is anyone having problems with these? I used mine for the first time last weekend and lost the weight on the first cast. Has this happened to anyone else?
Ken C.

Re: huddle-bug problems

Post by Ken C. »

JT, have you checked to see if perhaps their email replies are getting blocked by your spam blocker? Do you have a number where you can call them directly? Sounds kind of strange they wouldn't respond at all...

I've not tried the bug yet, but have heard they are not the most durable. By 'Ravers' post it sounds like they are re-working the rigging on it to maybe help that issue.
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]
Phil

Re: huddle-bug problems

Post by Phil »

WE SEND EMAILS TO HUDDLESTON ALL THE TIME, AND THIS IS WHAT WE USUALLY GET
(- These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server:
huddlestondeluxe@huddlestondeluxe.com; Failed; 5.2.2 (mailbox full)

THEY DO NOT GET OUR EMAILS !!!
Ron C

Not sure how you rigged it, but...

Post by Ron C »

...I use a number 4 dropshot hook and rig it just like a live crawdad - through the snout from the bottom and out between the eyes and behind the wire harness. I have never had a problem with the weights falling off (except for when the bait was so chewed up from fish eating it that there was no plastic left to run the hook through - a good problem to have!). It is the hook through the wire harness that that keeps the weights on the bait.

The neat thing about rigging the Huddlebug this way is that the hook pulls free of the bait when a fish eats it and the bait slides up your line, thus preventing the bait from getting destroyed. I've caught as many as eight fish on one bait. (Of course, I've caught as few as one fish, too - but it was a seven pounder).
Last edited by Ron C on Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ron C

I just forwarded you post to Huddleston Deluxe...

Post by Ron C »

...and I anticipate that you will be hearing from them very soon. I am not making any excuses for them, but I do know that they are overwhelmed with orders for the new Huddlebug.

Regardless, when you get your baits, you will be absolutely amazed - They are awesome!
Ron C

Hey JT- Madera...

Post by Ron C »

...I just spoke with the folks at Huddleston Deluxe. They tried e-mailing you on several occasions, but your spam-blocker blocked their e-mails (Good call Ken C). Your order was filled this morning and went out with today's shipment.
Mark Langner

Re: Not sure how you rigged it, but...

Post by Mark Langner »

Ron, I ordered the hugglebugs before knowing about the new pre rigged ones with the weights. They've been sitting in my garage waiting for "that special tournament". Got any rigging suggestions for me ? I saw their video online, but it had more to do with the new pre rigged ones.....and wasn't helpful (for me) figuring out what type of weight/hook/rigging to do for these...I was guessing perhaps a C-rig (using a mojo finesse weight) with either a texas rig hook through the body of the bait or perhaps a small hook of some type through the nose of the bait. Ideas?
JT-Madera

Re: Huddleston Customer Service??? They e-mailed me today !!

Post by JT-Madera »

I am good to go ...thanx guys..they said that my e-mail spam blocker was preventing them from contacting me :cry: :cry: :cry:

They shipped the order today and i am happy..hmmmmm I hope they catch as good as they look.. thanx Ron C. the banana is out of the boat....

Crystal said she is sending me the un-rigged ones,,,whatever that is...I'll probably need some help with rigging them right...

JT-Madera
Ron C

I usually dropshot the unrigged Huddlebugs...

Post by Ron C »

...on 6lb fluorocarbon with a number 4 dropshot hook. I have also had pretty good success fishing it weedless and weightless with a number 1 EWG Falcon weighted hook (the ones that we use for Flukes and Trick Worms) on 14lb fluorocarbon pitched or flipped into the tules. (God I can't believe that I just told you that!).
Mark Langner

Re: I usually dropshot the unrigged Huddlebugs...

Post by Mark Langner »

Thanks Ron....a big help. Say, stupid question but....rigged texas I can see how it's presented looking like a crawdad. I'm puzzled how drop shotting it keeps that "I'm a crawdad" presentation since dads walk around on the bottom. Now, I just fished a tournament and saw someone get fish on a white tube bait rigged on a dropshot about a foot off the bottom (never saw that before) and catch fish, so obviously I"m thinking too narrow on what to attach onto the hook on my dropshot rigs.
Ron C

Two things...

Post by Ron C »

One: Have you ever dropped a live cradad into the water? If not, they do not drop straight down. Instead, they fall at (about) a 45 degree angle.

Two: When dropshotting a Huddlebug, slowly pull your line tight (which brings your Huddlebug the farthest from the bottom) and then drop your rod tip giving your Huddlebug total slack line. Your Huddlebug will fall at (about) a 45 degree angle.

THAT'S IT! I refuse to give away any more of my Huddlebug secrets!
Mark Langner

Re: Two things...

Post by Mark Langner »

Thanks a bunch Ron....I do appreciate the help....see ya on the water...