Yamamoto Flappin' Hog

Blue_R70

Yamamoto Flappin' Hog

Post by Blue_R70 »

Have any of you Yamamoto promotional staffers had a chance to get yr mitts on their new Flappin' Hog? Those lobes seem like they'd displace lots of water. The bait kinda looks like a cross between a Sweet Beaver and Robo's Pitchin' Craw.

The guys at Tackle Tour did a great job of covering and writing up this year's ICAST offerings. Can't wait to read more!

Flappin' Hog:
Last edited by Blue_R70 on Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigJeff

Re: Yamamoto Flappin' Hog

Post by BigJeff »

Haven't seen that one yet, but I can't wait to fish the new swimming senko
EastCoastLurker

Post by EastCoastLurker »

The Flappin' Hog is the deal --- has been available in Japan for a while, and my understanding is that the few that are available here come from Japan, as they don't have all of the molds/machinery ready stateside.

For years, one of the criticisms of GYCB was that they didn't have a "true" flipping bait.

Now in addition to grubs, worms and of course the SENKO, they have the Kreature, the Big/Fat Ika, and the Flappin' Hog.

Does the Hog resemble the Sweet Beaver in some ways? Yes, it does. The key to this bait, in my opinion, is the same thing that differentiates the senko from most of its competitors -- the WEIGHT. It's bulky enough that you need not add much weight (or none at all) and still pitch it a long way. It comes through cover well, will hold an EWG hook in place, and has a ton of action, even when deadsticked.
Cooch

Yamamoto Flappin' Hog, love that 335!

Post by Cooch »

It's a 164 hybred and works wonders on a brown Jig! It has 4 completely different appendages, that all move differently. Just this morning, teamed with a 1/2 oz TNT Wadda Jig, that combo put 22 pounds in the boat, pitchin' and flippin the tulles in and around Franks Tract! The plastic used on these FH series baits, is much tougher than most of the other Yamamoto trailers. I used 1 Hog to catch 11 fish this morning. Typically I might go through 6-11 single tails under the same conditions. These baits are NO GOOD! Stick to the 16 Series 164 grubs! HAR! HAR! HAR! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jason C.

Re: Yamamoto Flappin' Hog, love that 335!

Post by Jason C. »

So whats that swimmin senko look like?? Can anyone post any pictures of it?
Winning Isn't Everything...But Wanting To IS!
Tight Lines, Jason C.
jasonconser@yahoo.com 925-727-4077
[color=orange] www.dobynsrods.com [/color]
[color=blue] www.inland-marine.com [/color]
Blue_R70

Post by Blue_R70 »

> So whats that swimmin senko look like?? Can anyone post any pictures of it?

I linked Tackle Tour's writeup of the new Yamamoto stuff in the original post. They've got a pic of the Swimming Senko....
basstamer

Post by basstamer »

I went to google and searched it and it took me to a forum (no where as good as ours though!) and I had to scroll down a bit and there she is. I saved the pic but I cant figure how to attach the pic to my post! It looks soooooo cool though! Its gonna be ANOTHER killer bait from Yamamoto
TTCal

Post by TTCal »

here's a photo of the swimming Senko fer ya (you can click on the picture to check out our ICAST lure coverage if you want):

Dennis "Cal" Shew
Enthusiast Tackle Editor
Tackle Tour : The Angler's source for tackle news and reviews
www.tackletour.com

[i]fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside[/i]
Blue_R70

Post by Blue_R70 »

basstamer wrote:I went to google and searched it and it took me to a forum (no where as good as ours though!) and I had to scroll down a bit and there she is
Which forum? If you're referring to the Tackle Tour forum, that one's more of a gearhead/technical oriented board. This one's focused on tourney/California bass fish'n. They is different animals. Both make for good reading though...
Larry Hemphill

Post by Larry Hemphill »

I showed off the Flappin' Hog at my Fisherman's Warehouse seminar the other night and we all agreed that it would "lure" some nice bass to the hook!! The night bass will hit it because of the bulk and the water it moves and the day bites will come because that ugly thing needs to be killed!!!
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Well I ain't no Yamamoto Pro Staffer but I do have more of these suckers than I can use in a week of fishing?

Here in Japan they are avaialable at every tackle shop! but I for one hope they NEVER bring them to the states. Why? Because I have them readlily available to me now and for when I go back to the states and don't want any of you ever using them!!! HAR HAR...

Tackle Tour does a great job on right ups and I wish Dennis would not of done a right up of these. There goes one of my secret baits for my arrival back in Japan.

The big secret is how they rig them here in Japan. It is now where near how you would think to rig them and don't bother guessing becuase I won't tell you if your right or even half way close! :-)

As for the swimming Senko, it's pretty cool!
If you knew how they fished the regular senkos here you would be amazed! It is a completely different ball game here and they do things different becuase of the added pressure on the water. Imagine what it would do on the delta or clear lake? WOW!!!!!!!!

Enough on this matter before I give away some secrets me and a few others might be using!

Hollywood

PS. I have sent a few dozen packs to certain fisherman in the states who have asked for them but haven't heard if they likeded them. I assume they love them and keeping it under wraps until they run out!!!!
Blue_R70

Post by Blue_R70 »

Hollywood wrote:Well I ain't no Yamamoto Pro Staffer but I do have more of these suckers than I can use in a week of fishing?

Here in Japan they are avaialable at every tackle shop! but I for one hope they NEVER bring them to the states. Why? Because I have them readlily available to me now and for when I go back to the states and don't want any of you ever using them!!! HAR HAR...
I think I found my connection. A friend who runs a thrift store over there wants to trade English language Sesame Street videos and other American pop culture items for whatever baits I'm looking for. Trading garage sale stuff for Flappin' Hogs--seems like a great deal to me!!!
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Don't waste your time, they suck!!! and don't catch fish. Well only non keeper size fish. :-)