Purdue University Fishing Study

Josh Williams

Purdue University Fishing Study

Post by Josh Williams »

Hello,

My name is David Klenosky. I'm a Professor of Recreation Management at Purdue University and have been working on a research project examining how factories, industrial buildings, odors, noises, and other environmental factors affect outdoor recreation choices. As part of that project, I've developed a web-based survey focusing on how these environmental conditions affect fishing. I am writing to ask you to participate in this survey.

You’re under no obligation to participate in the survey. All your responses will be kept confidential – no identifying information will be collected. Accessing the survey website (by clicking on the link below or cutting and pasting the website address into your browser) will take you to a secure location where you will find instructions for completing the survey:

<A HREF="http://www.sla.purdue.edu/survey/~kleno ... survey.asp" TARGET="_blank">http://www.sla.purdue.edu/survey/~kleno ... vey.asp</A>

Only a small number of people are being contacted to participate in this study. So even if you rarely fish or haven’t gone fishing lately, please take a few minutes to submit a survey. It would help considerably if you could if you complete the survey as soon as possible (but by April 25, 2004 at the latest).

Results from the survey will help resource agencies in their efforts to develop, preserve, and restore fishing areas and other outdoor resources. By sharing your experiences and opinions you can help improve the quality of life in our community.

If you have any questions about this study please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Dave Klenosky

P.S. *Important:* In the "comments" section at the end of the survey, please mention that you heard about the survey through “forums.westernbass.com"

Thanks.

David B. Klenosky, Ph.D.
Department of Health & Kinesiology
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2046
Voice: (765) 494-0865
Fax: (765) 496-1239
Email: <A HREF="mailto:klenosky@purdue.edu">klenosky@purdue.edu</A>

<!-- /home/wbass/public_html/bbtemp/greatnorthwest/bbs0/78 -->