Hey MARC...are you making dropshot weights?

Jason Eastman

Hey MARC...are you making dropshot weights?

Post by Jason Eastman »

Marc,

I received my copy of BASSWEST magazine and noticed your add for dropshot weights. Are those tungsten or lead?

Looks great and might have to get me some!

Jason :)

<!-- /home/wbass/public_html/bbtemp/greatnorthwest/bbs0/82 -->
Marc

Re: Hey MARC...are you making dropshot weights?

Post by Marc »

Jason,

I have been manufacturing them for several years now. I couldn't find what I needed on the market 6 years ago, so I designed my own, and call them QuickDrops. Of course I am biased, but they work better than any other brand out there, and I always try them all.

They are lead. I tried making tungsten, but was not happy with the quality. Tungsten is really tricky to work with, and I'm a perfectionist, so now I'm looking for someone to make them to my specs for me.

Anglers Marine in Spanaway is carrying them, as are most stores in California.

ciao,
Marc

<!-- /home/wbass/public_html/bbtemp/greatnorthwest/bbs0/83 -->
NaCl

Post by NaCl »

I have been using Marc's Quickdrops for a while now and I love them. As far as lead versus tungsten, I've never found a bass that could tell the difference. Plus, since lead is not a dense as tungsten it creates a larger size for the same weight...this is actually an advantage because lead weights get lodged into fewer small cracks. And, because they are cheaper, I have no hesitation about breaking them off when they do get wedged. I spend more time fishing effectively and less time shaking a rod tip trying to free up an expensive weight. Quickdrops are a Godsend for my fishing!

Just my $.02

Dean "NaCl" Sault

<!-- /home/wbass/public_html/bbtemp/greatnorthwest/bbs0/134 -->
Marc

Post by Marc »

Hey Dean, my QuickDrops aren't "cheaper", just "less expensive". HAR!

Thanks for the kind words!

Ciao,
Marc

<!-- /home/wbass/public_html/bbtemp/greatnorthwest/bbs0/136 -->
NaCl

picky, picky, picky...I'll bet you even buff the botton of y

Post by NaCl »

Actually, Marc is right. The swivels on his QuickDrops are not "cheap", they've never failed me. They are equal to any of the high dollar tungsten weights, at a much more affordable price. And, as I said before, I simply spend more time fishing and less time worried about stuck weights now.

Also, in my guide business, inexperienced anglers can really tear through a lot of terminal tackle. Those little extras, like not getting hung up as much, make a big difference over a month's worth of trips.

Try em for yourselves. I was using Bakudan's before the QuickDrops and I made the switch.

.....NaCl

<!-- /home/wbass/public_html/bbtemp/greatnorthwest/bbs0/138 -->