NOT Fishing-Related: Liddel v. Sobral

Sports talk forum
Bob Simard

NOT Fishing-Related: Liddel v. Sobral

Post by Bob Simard »

Hey Cases -

Any UFC fans out there? Man I wish I could have made the trip to Vegas to see this fight live - UFC62, with Chuck Liddel and Babalu Sobral as the headliners.

Maybe I'm just sucked up in the hype but WHAT A FIGHT! Can't wait. A few north state cage fighters train at my DoJang off and on and these guys are absolute animals. I can't imagine what a guy like Liddel can dish out (or take)!

My predictions

If it's a stand up striker's fight - Liddel wins either by knock out or referee stops it because Sobral is cut/bleeding or can't defend himself.

If it goes the distance, Liddel wins easily

If it goes to the ground in the later rounds, while he has solid wreslting skills, I look for Lidel at 36yrs to gas and possibly make a mistake with an arm or leg giving Babalu an opening for a submission.

Can't wait!
triple trout

Re: NOT Fishing-Related: Liddel v. Sobral

Post by triple trout »

Sobral first round submission over iceman....This will be a agood card. Chuck has to many holes in his game and last week at the wec in lemoore he was limping on left side, looked like a knee injury.
life is short! throw a swimbait and the first blow up, you will have a heart attack!!!

)<((((*>ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ ¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø<*))))>(
cast4showpitch4dough@yahoo.com
Sean Graf

Post by Sean Graf »

Lidell will K.O Sobral earlly in the fight to retain his Championship.
bahlzar

Post by bahlzar »

lidell will KO him in mmmmm about 95sec ......I also predict babaloo will try to wrestle the ref "big john mc arthy"....
bahlzar

Post by bahlzar »

lidell will KO him in mmmmm about 95sec ......I also predict babaloo will try to wrestle the ref "big john mc arthy"....

Post by Guest »

Sooooooo True! Ahhhhhh, kind of reminds me of the days when Tyson would end a fight in less then a round. So how much did ya all pay to get that fight on Pay-per-view :roll: ......and how about the $1000 plus per seat at the fight...That would suck! I will just ask Chuck about it first hand this week...lol

Another thing, If I had a Mohawk and Tats on my head and I walked into my bank, they would look at me like I was some kind of Freak! But when Chuck does it, you should see how the girls act.....lol...to funny....

Good fight buddy!
Guy Williams

What was Babalu thinking?

Post by Guy Williams »

Not a great plan from Babalu. Oh, I think I'll just go after Liddell like a crazy man and throw punches with the one guy in the 205 class that only punches for the knock out. I think the last 5 years would show on tape that it would not work. Babalu needed to be very cool and wait for the right time to take Chuck down for the only chance to win. Great show though, way better than boxing!
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
Brian Linehan

Re: What was Babalu thinking?

Post by Brian Linehan »

That fight was ****. Babalu has to be smarter than that doesn't he? Forrest and Bonnar was a flop also. Forrest is the man and I love the dude, but he lacks knockout power. They are already starting to talk about a 2007 match of Forrest vs. Liddel and I just can't get into it. He'll get Quarryed. On a side note, I saw the Pride event of Fox last night and was totally impressed with Nor. Cal's Melendez. That guy is a friggin stud.
basswest

Post by basswest »

Hey Guys, I was sitting in the 3rd row ring side at the fight and saw Babalu just get torn up. His game plan was crazy !!! At this point any guy who just wants to sit there and let Liddell get set and unload is gonna get knocked out- plain and simple. Bonner and Griff are a good match for each other but not the top of the game guys. Mike Tyson was walking around the fight and saying he would like to try it. Now I would pay again to see a Tyson - Liddell fight. Either way the eye candy alone was worth the price of admission. :lol:

Mark Mendez
krpierce

Post by krpierce »

There will be a re-match in the future, but I think Liddell is fighting Wlanderlay Silva (sorry about spelling) next. I believe Sylva beat him in the past but this is going to be an awsome fight!
Bob Simard

Post by Bob Simard »

Hey Mark,

3 Rows back? Great Job right there! To bad it was such a short fight. I had it going 2-3 rounds - would have at least liked to see them go to the ground once.... Liddel is unstoppable. I think he could punch a charging bull and knock the F-er out. I would hop on Southwest for Vegas in a heartbeat to see him go at Tyson. With all those Colliflower ears in the MMA, Iron Mike would never leave the ring hungry!

Most dissapointed in Babalu - Damn, all those years waiting and working for the rematch, then to not just trade punches with Chuck but to chase after him? Duh..... NOT a good idea.

Man - eye Candy? If what they showed on PPV was any indication, you must have some serious eyestrain today Dude!

I'm going to be in LA for the Hughes / Penn fight. That one should go more than 1 round, but Hughes will bury Penn.
krpierce

Post by krpierce »

Hey Bob,

I thought Hughes was going to fight St. Pierre? Now he is fighting Penn. Either fight would be great...

Kenny
Bob Simard

Post by Bob Simard »

Hey Kenny,

St. Pierre has a torn groin. Penn took the fight.

-Bob
krpierce

Post by krpierce »

I didnt know about the Pierre injury, that sucks...I was looking forward to that fight.

I heard Liddell was supposed to fight Sylva after the Babalu fight, but your right bones they never said when. I can see a Ortiz/Liddel fight the first part of next year...
Hardshell

Post by Hardshell »

Penn and Pierre replay was on Spike last night. Penn just kicked the **** outa Pierre and yet pierre got the split decision. Looked like someone else wanted Hughes-Pierre and that's now history. At least my daughter's fighter, Josh Koscheck, got back on track with a chock out.

Bring Tyson on that crazy SOB would sure brighten up things!

Steve Greene