OK - First Deer Post

Gator

OK - First Deer Post

Post by Gator »

Hunting in B-Zone from Oct. 13 - Oct. 22. No deer yet but have seen some does. Currently hunting at 6500 feet but will keep looking lower til we find what we are looking for.
buck

Re: OK - First Deer Post

Post by buck »

Leaving for virginia to parents farm for my boy to get his first whitetail .........hes so excited he cant stand it...ps thanks Jeff from Valley Rod and Gun in clovis for all the help
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

What a place to get your first whitetail. From Grandmas back porch. Hows your father doing?
tfrances

Post by tfrances »

Gator -

Let me know how you do. Hunted B zone during archery and there were bucks everywhere. Wasn't able to take one but sa w many. Went back from Oct 4th through the 8th and was ablr to get my Dad a buck. I got one in A zone so I was holding out for a "Good" deer but couldn't find what I wanted. Still alot of deer around.
buck

Post by buck »

Lol ...My mom has an 8 pointer every morning in the yard ,my dad is all better just few nasty scars.When you coming back to cali?
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Well, I had a gay old time in A-7. Did not get one, this year, but had bucks come and go each day out, just not within good bow range. It was fun no matter and looking forward to another year. Now back to fun fishing various lakes. And looking forward to any Nutcase classics I can make. Bill K :)
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
rickd

Post by rickd »

Thanks for hookin us up Gator!
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Buck,

I will be back in December for xmas for about a week, then it is back to Japan for the last 4 months of the Navy. But I am staying for 1 year after the Navy to fish there pro tour over here. Not as much to win as the new FLW Series but the endorsements are pretty big over here for a white man! :-) :lol:
buck wrote:Lol ...My mom has an 8 pointer every morning in the yard ,my dad is all better just few nasty scars.When you coming back to cali?
Gator

Post by Gator »

Well, I am back from B-Zone - we all blanked. Trip got cut short by four days due to my friends truck breaking down. Two in Ukiah - then one more day to go back and get it, then we left a day early so we could make sure and get it home (the dealer couldn't find any problem).

For the hunting, I think we were hunting too high. We were hunting the first couple of days around 6000-7000 feet. I hunted the complete Smokehouse ridge/Green Springs trail in the Wilderness area (that was a nice 7 mile hike) and didn't see anything. We did see some does at lower elevations on the last day we hunted.

Oh well, all in all a good week. It's always good to get out into the woods. I hope to give D3-5 one last shot this week for deer, then I will be going back up periodically for bear hunting. If anyone has any good bear info for D3-5, please let me know :lol: