Can anyone tell me

mac (Doyle McEwen)

Can anyone tell me

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

What we pay our state representatives for..It seems that every year we have all of these measures and such on the ballot that must be determined by the voters..I thought that was what our state legislature was for..

It seems to me that all our state legislature does is set the state budget and they rarely do that in a timely fashion..They don't control our taxes, they don't control most things you would normally think of a legislature doing..

If we don't trust these people to do the jobs we elect them for, then why bother electing them and paying their salary..I have lived here in California for over 40 years and can remember it not always being this way..

Each election or polling day we see more and more propositions and measures on the ballot..Some I can see that need to be voted on by the populace..Most could and should be decided by our legislature..WHAT ARE WE PAYING THEM FOR..

mac

<!-- /home/wbass/public_html/bbtemp/mountain/bbs0/70 -->
Tony Stoltz

Re: Can anyone tell me

Post by Tony Stoltz »

Problem is the California voter seems to want to continually re-elect these folks. I scratch my head all time trying to figure it out but I have no answers as to why.

sTony

<!-- /home/wbass/public_html/bbtemp/mountain/bbs0/71 -->