Can someone explain the....

Pete Marino

Can someone explain the....

Post by Pete Marino »

rumor I've heard that pertains to the "no culling the 5th fish"??? Is it going to start March 1st like I've heard? And is it true that once someone catches their 5th fish, they are done for the day??? Which means we'd have to cull after our 4th fish, then go after our 5th and final fish. Would we need to keep our 5th fish if it didn't cull one of the other four in the well? If what I am hearing is true then all these organizatons need to implement a 4 fish limit rule so we dont have to deal with that BS. I guarantee there would be guys out there culling like normal and ignoring the rule. The only way to solve the problem before it starts will be to lower the limit to 4 fish. Tournament directors take notice, change the limit before the problem arises!!!Pete Marino
Robert S

Where did you hear that Pete? *NM*

Post by Robert S »

Bill K

Re: Can someone explain the....

Post by Bill K »

Many post's and comments regarding this and the fish & game law that covers limit of fish, etc.
Check out the past few weeks post's on WesternBass.com under the forum and see what is being discussed. It is the law, but no one knows exactly how or what to do about it, yet. Bill K
Gary C

Re: Can someone explain the.... *LINK*

Post by Gary C »

Pete,

Currently it is no rumor. It is printed in the new 2005 California Sport Fishing Regulations booklet.

Here is a snippet from page 16 of the new 2005 California Sport Fishing Regulations:

CULLING OF BASS PROHIBITED
Fish “cullingâ€
Pete Marino

Wouldn't changing the tournament limit to 4 fish solve the p

Post by Pete Marino »

Al M

According to Rader,

Post by Al M »

what the dfg guy told him yesterday at the lake pertained to anglers fishing solo in a tournament so yes it is true if you have 5 in the well and you are by yourself you must quit fishing.If there are two of you, technically you could keep another 5.Not sure how it would work but what if one guy catches all 5 keepers is he done could the other angler cull out his fish while he watched you fish the rest of the time.Wow if you really start thinking about it there are alot of ?'s and what if's going trough my head I guess the org's. need to find out the details and make some changes to policy because you could get dq'd for breaking any fish and game codes.The 4 fish limit idea you had sounds like a good one.Atleast you did'nt have to worry about culling yesterday, hey we only did it once.And you won more money than us!
Pete Marino

Al if what you say is true...

Post by Pete Marino »

Then you and I will be fishing all day by ourselves, while Guy, Rex and Carissa sit down and have lunch.
We got 140 bucks easy money for 23rd place yesterday, you and Rex only got a piece of paper that says 18th place even though you had a limit and we had 2 fish... Seems fair to me haha Ü
Thank God Carissa caught that good fish.
The organizations changing the limit to four fish is the only way to go in my opinion. Although Al if you and I fished alone we would never have to worry about the rule anyway.
ha ha. Pete
John Barron

This rule has been on the books for a while

Post by John Barron »

but hasn't been enforced. I understand that the rule is being changed next year to exclude bass tournamaments but at this point this is only rumor.
jb