5 fish rule

Gene Buchholz

5 fish rule

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Kyle Murphy from the DFG posted on the Northern forum last week there is an error in the way the rule is printed in the book. The tournaments are not in any trouble with their format and that the rule would be rewritten next year.
Brian D.

Can you cross reference thread here *NM*

Post by Brian D. »

Pete Marino

At the Perris tournament on Sat...

Post by Pete Marino »

The DFG was there and told the ABA to make an announcement that for now on anybody fishing alone would have to abide by the rule of stopping fishing after the 5th fish was caught. They made the announcement after the tournament and said thats the way it was going to be for from now on.Pete
Gene Buchholz

Re: 5 fish rule

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Pete thanks for the response. We have a difference of opinon from the same agency? I know all the circuts where up in arms about it. The problem is its not a new rule it's been on the books a long time. I hope someone from their office explains it before any action is taken.

> Kyle Murphy from the DFG posted on the
> Northern forum last week there is an error
> in the way the rule is printed in the book.
> The tournaments are not in any trouble with
> their format and that the rule would be
> rewritten next year.
John Barron

Re: 5 fish rule

Post by John Barron »

Hey Gene;
It was my pleasure meeting you a couple of weeks ago at the Delta tournament. My understanding of the rule as it is written will be enforced, at the same time, I have also been told that they are going to make an exception for Bass Tournaments next year. I have left a messege for Rick Fischer, one of the game wardens around here, to try to set up a meeting with him. I want his take on the rule and how he intends to treat it.
Thanks for your input
John Barron
National Bass West
John Barron

Re: Can you cross reference thread here

Post by John Barron »

This is where the thread started I think. I believe there is more but will have to look further when I have time.
jb
<A HREF="http://forums.westernbass.com/cgi-bin/n ... read=49044" TARGET="_blank">http://forums.westernbass.com/cgi-bin/n ... d=49044</A>
Brian D.

Thanks JB for the link *NM*

Post by Brian D. »

Castaic Dave

This isnt the first time I've heard this.

Post by Castaic Dave »

As Gene stated the way it is written is up to each Game Warden to interpet it the way he sees fit. Im one area it will be A-OK as it is, but another he can be a stickler and hold it to the letter. Sucks dont it.
Dave