No striper bite on Sunday

Hitman

No striper bite on Sunday

Post by Hitman »

:(

Went out with 2 buddies from Reno....what a bummer of a day in that we could not get a single bite from stripers or bass. We fished the areas from B&W/Tower Park as far south as Cruiser Haven. We gave up on stripers around 1pm and started bass fishing in Mildred. We had 2 bass swirl on a ripbaits....other than that we got ZERO'd.

Anyone find any stipers this pass weekend? See talked to 7 other boats and all report the same thing with exception of one boat trolling for stripers just south of the B&W bridge. They had one keeper all day.

I suspect the stained water has turned off the striper bite and the full moon period has them feeding at night? My guess....
Nice day weather wise....

Hitman
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
MrSkeeter

Re: No striper bite on Sunday

Post by MrSkeeter »

Mike,

I went out w/ a buddy yesterday morning, launched out of Orwood and fished disco ... we caught 3 largemouth, but ZERO stripers ...

On the way out, my buddy got a ticket for a Sheriff who was parked in a private dock for going too fast. We were only doing something like 4.5MPH on the GPS. They wrote us up for doing 8-9MPH ... that REALLY SUCKs ... there were three sheriff ... one inside the boat (who did the ticket) and two on the dock. All three were listening to the AFC playoff game at the time. Got screwed royally on that one!!

To top it off, I clipped a cement post next to my parking spot as I was pulling my truck out of the parking spot. Now I need a new bumper too! :(
Chris
" ... An adventure is a disaster that fails to kill you. A disaster is an adventure that does ..."
[url=http://www.bassclassics.org]Bass Classics of Santa Clara[/url]
[url=http://5littleones.googlepages.com/index.htm]My Home Page[/url]
Hitman

Post by Hitman »

that sherrif boat with the 3 deputies passed me while I was fishing the railroad bridge. I waved to them and they stared me down like I was doing something wrong...no returned wave also. Their team must have been losing!!!

Sorry to hear about the ticket and bumper....

Hitman
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
TTCal

Post by TTCal »

Sorry to hear of your slow day Hitman. I was thinking the same thing with the full moon :?

Bummer on the ticket MrSkeeter... heard about it actually, from your fishing partner that day. Any size to the bass you pulled up? Least ya got something :)
Dennis "Cal" Shew
Enthusiast Tackle Editor
Tackle Tour : The Angler's source for tackle news and reviews
www.tackletour.com

[i]fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside[/i]
MrSkeeter

Post by MrSkeeter »

Dennis,

I was not the one driving, but it steamed me nonetheless. We were pretty careful with both the speed and the wake. I looked back several times and it seemed fine. I think them guys were out to get someone and we happened to be the ones!!

The LM were about 1.5 ~ 2#'s ... nothing really big, and it was caught at the beginning of the day. Then the rest of the day, not a single nibble.
Chris
" ... An adventure is a disaster that fails to kill you. A disaster is an adventure that does ..."
[url=http://www.bassclassics.org]Bass Classics of Santa Clara[/url]
[url=http://5littleones.googlepages.com/index.htm]My Home Page[/url]
bustout

Post by bustout »

i did ok on sun.....a 15lb and 18lb and lost one similar size at the side of the boat. 4 other shaker fish for the day and thats it

been doing well on fish from 15-25lbs this year.....badly want to break that 30lb mark !!!

I was west of you folks in the pittsburg area
Hitman

Post by Hitman »

Area you fishing around Sherman and the Break? Or even further west?

Hitman
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
kayaking4fish

Post by kayaking4fish »

Fished that afternoon on the west side of Franks drifting live minnows for 5 fish to 30" for two people, all released - still a pretty tough day. I think being in the kayak has some advantages.

MrSkeeter - I have heard that GPS speed on the water is not reliable and can not be relied upon. I don't really know much more about it than that, but I often see and read about trollers saying don't rely it. Something to do with GPS speed being based on land speed. It pinpoints you one place then pinpoints you the next place and calculates the distance travel and the amount of time between readings. So on the water the water speed is not factored into the total MPH. Still sucks though.

Jeff