$100,000 (1st place) team event comes to Clearlake in March!

AnglersPress

$100,000 (1st place) team event comes to Clearlake in March!

Post by AnglersPress »

The Canadian Vanity Cup comes to America!

It’s finally coming to America! Pier Resorts in association with Angler’s Press is excited to present the first annual “America’sâ€
Bob Myskey

Re: $100,000 (1st place) team event comes to Clearlake in Ma

Post by Bob Myskey »

This can be big and I am all for it. The rules keep the competition honest, the payout has the potential to be bigger than any Pro Am, and you get to fish with who you want. I know that pre fish for the FLW on the Delta will unfortunately keep some people from getting into this, but for those of us not doing the FLW, this is an opportunity to fish for some big dollars in a team format. My deposit is in, hopefully the turn out can bring a full field. Nothing better than Clear Lake in March.

www.fishclearlake.com
Phil

Post by Phil »

I THOUGHT THIS WAS CANCELLED ONCE ? IS IS NOT KIND OF LATE TO TRY AND DRAW 200 BOATS TO CLEARLAKE IN TWO MONTHS TIME FRAME NOTICE ?? JUST ASKING , PLEASE DON'T BASH US FOR ASKING !

JIGS
AnglersPress

Post by AnglersPress »

Very good point Bob...

And for those anglers that will be fishing the FLW event the following week on the Delta, you may want to opt for fishing the Vanity Cup event on day 1 and if you have only 8 or 10 pounds, put it on the trailer and head down to the Delta so that you can get at least 3 days pre-fishing in. And.... if you are one of the fortunate teams to have a 20 pound bag, you may just want to stick around for day 2 and see if you can bring in a big bag and grab the $100,000 cash 1st place prize.

Remember....2nd place pays off with an 2007 Chrysler 300!

Either way you look at it guys, it is a great opportunity for us western anglers, whether we be amatuer, Pro or team anglers, that don't have the time or money to commit to fishing FLW or B.A.S.S events, to fish a BIG event with the partners of our choosing, for BIG money while having BIG fun.

I for one am happy to see a corporation underwrite such a big event and put up the kind of cash and prizes they have for this one, in that I hope it prompts other companies to want to fund more events like this to the west. Perhaps, if they see the support, they may want to return with more events like this in the future.

If anyone has any further questions, please call the Angler's Press office at (916) 768-0938 and we'll be glad to give you the info you need regarding the Vanity Cup event.

Hope to see you all there!

Angler's Press
bassrman

Post by bassrman »

this event should be a great chance for the team anglers to go "big money",with the FLW at the delta, & the 30 day "offlimits" for the bassmasters,this should be a great tourny for the "working angler" we have our deposit in! see ya there Bob!......bassrman
totired

who is

Post by totired »

anglers press.....
I am always leary of anything when people dont put there names on it...
what makes me thing this anglers press has the ability to run a tournament of this magnetude.
i would like to enter, but before I do, anglers press needs to step to the front and show me some credentials.

Don Wilson
LHayes

Post by LHayes »

I for one am happy to see a corporation underwrite such a big event and put up the kind of cash and prizes they have for this one

Not trying to bash, but it doesnt look like the corporate sponsors are having to put up any cash or prizes. The prize payout is $225,050, and the total entries for 200 teams at $1250 per team is $250,000. Seems like a no risk deal. Again, not bashing, just stating the obvious.
Brian

Post by Brian »

LHayes wrote:
I for one am happy to see a corporation underwrite such a big event and put up the kind of cash and prizes they have for this one

Not trying to bash, but it doesnt look like the corporate sponsors are having to put up any cash or prizes. The prize payout is $225,050, and the total entries for 200 teams at $1250 per team is $250,000. Seems like a no risk deal. Again, not bashing, just stating the obvious.
What happens if it is not a full field? Do the payouts go down? is their a minimum number needed to have the event? Just wondering.
Doug Hodel

Re: who is

Post by Doug Hodel »

Vince Harris who also does the Future Pro Tour. More than capable in my opinion.
AnglersPress

Post by AnglersPress »

Hello everyone,

To answer some the questions that have been asked;

As stated in the post above, Angler’s Press is the parent company of the Future Pro Tour and specializes in angler marketing services, promotions, and hosting a variety of specialty bass fishing events.

Our tournament directing credentials include successfully hosting:

• 2004/2005 Snag Proof Open events
• 2004 Lucky Craft Open
• 2005 Police and Fireman’s games
• 2006 Take-a-kidâ€
Phil

Post by Phil »

I HAVE TO SAY WELL DONE AND GOOD JOB VINCE ! WISH WE COULD AFFORD TO BE THERE !!

JIGS
spanky99

Payouts?

Post by spanky99 »

Where can you find the payouts past third place...Unfortunately for me, all the planets must align perfectly for me to have a chance at winning the $100,000.
Chad L. Dwyer

Post by Chad L. Dwyer »

Sounds like Vince summed it up pretty well. If there are are any other questions in reference to credibility, BASSFAN.com just posted an article on the bassfanarmy.com about it.

I don't see many others who are domiciled in the West getting that kind of press....

Keep it simple guys. You get to fish with who choose and you get to fish for a hundred grand. Go to the web page and read the press release and payout info...how many more questions can there be???

CLD
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

great...perfect time of the year for me to dump a wad of cash and get my a$$ handed to me from John and Seig...HAR!!!!