Procraft boats?

Brian

Procraft boats?

Post by Brian »

I'm looking at a used Procraft, 1999 20ft 5", w/ merc. 225 efi. single console w/ dual wheel surge brake trailer, The asking price is 13k firm. I need to know some pro's and cons of this boat, and if it's a well liked boat by many. One major question is how is the ride in the procraft, is it smooth or very choppy. any other info on the pro/cons of this boat would be great. thanks a lot

Brian
RipNRodg

Re: Procraft boats?

Post by RipNRodg »

I ownde a 17 foot procraft and I loved that boat. road great. They are in my opinion a soid boat. The price sounds great.

Rodger
Brad Wellman

Post by Brad Wellman »

Been in a few procraft and the are in my opinion an average all around boat. Heard some discouraging words about the boats holding up over time. In my opinion stick to skeeter, Ranger,Triton, Bass Cat, Stratos. Hate to throw cold water on the fire but Iv'e made a few purchases trying to save a few dollars and had it come back to bite me.
Good Luck
Brad Wellman
Ex Procraft owner

Post by Ex Procraft owner »

> I'm looking at a used Procraft, 1999 20ft
> 5", w/ merc. 225 efi. single console w/
> dual wheel surge brake trailer, The asking
> price is 13k firm. I need to know some pro's
> and cons of this boat, and if it's a well
> liked boat by many. One major question is
> how is the ride in the procraft, is it
> smooth or very choppy. any other info on the
> pro/cons of this boat would be great. thanks
> a lot

> Brian
Brian,
I owned a 2000 20 ft. Procraft. I never road in the older models.
I had a lot of problems with my boat and with the manufacture. The whole boat had stress cracks, the cap came loose from the the hull (the guy I had fixed this said that the manufacture used no adheasive and too small of screws).
The manufacture didn't want to fix the problems.
These were the major problems with the boat.
I also had problems with trailer. The break-away tongue keep coming apart, and the fenders are made with thin gauge metal and will bend if you step on them (I replaced them 3 times).

The ride was just ok.
martin sawin

Post by martin sawin »

I bought my 2000 20' Procraft from a sponsered pro that post here once in a while. There was quite a drift 3 years ago among the local west coast sponsered pros and pro craft.. I think with the local dealer..The product is great .. Love my boat. Had a few problems with the Mercury 200 Optiamx....I do not think you can go wrong with the boat being a fisherman / not a pro sponsered salesman..