06 Ram 1500 5.7L Noise after Exhaust/Intake upgrade

Share vehicle info.

06 Ram 1500 5.7L Noise after Exhaust/Intake upgrade

Post by Guest »

All,

Well I went ahead and did it. Just bought an 06 Ram 1500 5.7L (w/ MDS) QC Big Horn Edition two weeks ago after putting 190,000 miles on my 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee. After breaking in the motor (~500 miles) I decided to upgrade the exhaust to a Flowmaster cat back dual exhaust system and K&N Type 77 Cold Air Intake system yesterday. On my ride home from I started to notice a strange "toosh" sound from the passenger side of the truck every so often from the engine. It almost sounds like a chamber is not igniting the gas and is releasing pressure that is now amplified with the louder exhaust system.

Is this the Hemi ping that most of the forums mention and I didn't notice before? Is there any way to correct this?

My next upgrade to to purchase a Superchips unit and I'm wondering if this will resolve the issue. Thanks
350V RGR

Re: 06 Ram 1500 5.7L Noise after Exhaust/Intake upgrade

Post by 350V RGR »

It might very well be your new intake sucking all that air in. next time you hear that, roll down your window you will hear that intake working. I put a aftermarket air intake system, exhaust , and superchips max tuner on my 04 when it was new. It does the same thing. my 2 cents. Will Mathers