12-15 report

SLoGiN

12-15 report

Post by SLoGiN »

launched out of rio vista....headed out to liberty island again....when i got there had 15 mph winds blowing over miles of water dead against a strong incoming making liberty island the potato patch or simular to franks when its rough....tried hiding behind some berms....got a few hits no stick on fishtraps....pearl....seemed like 12-15 inch fish types.....headed over to decker and fished the rip rap along the north shore and got 4 just keeper size swimbait fish aproaching the west mouth of horseshoe....the we headed into horseshoe along the tully line and my buddy gets an 8 lber 2nd cast...hot fish that really kicked his ***....i got one around 20 inches then nothing for a half hour....called it a day....water 52-54....water clearer at decker but stained....muddy up at liberty...crazy thing....my buddy catches a squawfish about 8 lbs off decker and it fought like a friggin smallmouth....in my experience ive caught probably 50 squawfish....on lures...mostly on topwater and none i have caught ever fought at all...this one he caught made 2 classic jumps and screamed his curado a couple times....no idea why....but anyway.....im guessing this huge storm coming friday will pretty much end things til spring....ve vil c............and dan funny you would mention the salton sea...i own an acre of land there my dad bought me when i was born 54 years ago....its basically worthless....lol....but anyway....i guess the delta will be part of the salton sea in the next 20 years