San Luis Res. Day Use

Luckyfisherman

San Luis Res. Day Use

Post by Luckyfisherman »

I went out last week to the Res. only to find out that the day use area was closing at 8pm. This was alarming because I just got there at 6pm coming from fresno, and planned on staying till midnight. I asked the Park ranger or the cashier why they changed the times and she said that people were poaching animals at night. I read the Fresno Bee news paper and it stated that people were staying over night catching 50 lbs stripers and that was a threat to the species of the lake for spawning reasons. I don't get it? rules and regulation states that stripers must be 18inch or higher. Theres nothing that states stripers 50lbs or more must be released. Clearly, this place has issues. Is it them ruining the fishing for everyone or is it the fishermans that are keeping the 50lbs stripers? Do they know that the best time for striper fishing is from 5am -7am and 7pm - 9pm. Basicially, this place is telling people to not fish there. What are your thoughts?
frankc

Re: San Luis Res. Day Use

Post by frankc »

hey lucky, that is a bummer....i have'nt fish in a couple of weeks cuz of work, well maybe as the winter gets near and it gets dark earlier, mayber the stripers will get thier bite on earlier.....who knows...all we can do is wait and see and hope for the best...hey lucky, have you tried the forebay lately ?
reel deal

Re: San Luis Res. Day Use

Post by reel deal »

Personally I think it is a good call. There are a lot of people poaching in the cover of darkness. :D