Say Good Bye to the Delta!!....

Caudawg

Say Good Bye to the Delta!!....

Post by Caudawg »

...Unless we as sportsmen and women stand together to help stop the diversion of Delta water to the south. Governor Brown is supposed to make the announcement on Wednesday, July 25th that the peripheral canal/tunnel diversion project is a go! What's worse...it is also expected that President Obama will utilize this project to create jobs and spend federal funds to get this project under way.

Check out this 5 minute video trailer of a new documentary that will help bring people up to speed with what we are really facing. It is truly scary stuff and we MUST get involved NOW!!!
Please watch this!!
www.overtroubledwaters.org

Here is some good info from www.Restorethedelta.org:
http://www.restorethedelta.org/experts- ... ly-flawed/

News Alert!
Rally in response to the Governor's Announcement to Build the Canal!

Dear Friends,

We understand that Governor Brown will be making an announcement on July 25th, 2012 with Secretary Ken Salazar from the Department of the Interior on Brown's plan to build the peripheral canal/tunnel.

Please join us for our response to his announcement with your homemade signs on the West Steps of the Capitol at noon on Wednesday, July 25, 2012.

Governor Brown's plan, an enormous mistake, would exterminate salmon runs, destroy sustainable Delta family farms and saddle taxpayers with tens of billions in debt, mainly to benefit a small number of huge corporate agribusinesses on the west side of the Central Valley.

Ironically, we anticipate that he will try to sell his plan to California water rate payers and tax payers as a new "process" to save and restore the Delta. Join us as we let him know that the best way to restore the Delta is to fix the levees, reduce water exports, restore flows through the Delta, and support water projects throughout California that will make all regions water self sufficient.

Featured speakers:

U.S. Rep. John Garamendi; Sen. Lois Wolk; Assemblymember Bill Berryhill; Mayor Ann Johnston, Stockton; Jim Metropulos, Sierra Club; Jonas Minton, Planning and Conservation League; Zeke Grader, Pacific Coast Federation of Fishermen's Associations; Bill Jennings, California Sportfishing Protection Alliance; Kristin Lynch, Food & Water Watch;Nick di Croce, Environmental Water Caucus; Conner Everts, Southern California Watershed Alliance; John Herrick, South Delta Water Agency
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
mrbassin0614

Re: Say Good Bye to the Delta!!....

Post by mrbassin0614 »

why do I have to be gone?
Caudawg

Post by Caudawg »

If you can't make it...you can still take action!
click here:
http://keepamericafishing.salsalabs.com ... _KEY=99322

Another good site to learn more:
http://www.restorethedelta.org/news-alerts-archive/
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
Marty

Post by Marty »

First I want to stop the peripheral canal/tunnel diversion project just like any other Bass fisherman out there. I watch the 5 minute video trailer and it is hard to believe when it starts with an extreme environmentalist and ends with the man who is going to make an Announcement on Wednesday. Who is lying to us? Who I trust out there are the Bass Fisherman and as Bass Fisherman we have to stand together.

Most of you believe in one man one vote but when their vote has a million dollars behind it making your vote not accounting for much. You have to hit them where it hurts, you have to make them want to listen to you! There is nothing more that Governor Brown wants then his November tax bill to pass by the voters.

You flood his office with calls, emails, and letters saying the following you will get his attention.

I’m a Bass Fisherman and I promise you that if you support the peripheral canal I will vote against your tax bill this November. I will not only vote against it, my wife, girlfriend, or boyfriend will also vote against it, along with my parents. I will also recruit 5 other people (other than Bass fisherman) to vote no. I will campaign to make sure your tax bill will go down in defeat.

I’m not asking you I’m telling you do not support peripheral canal/tunnel diversion project!

Here is how to contact Governor Brown:
http://gov.ca.gov/m_contact.php

Do it now, I just did!
Marty

Post by Marty »

Here are Governor Brown Twitter and Facebook accounts. Tell him – let him know what will happen if he supports the peripheral canal.
I’m a Bass Fisherman and I mad!

http://twitter.com/JerryBrownGov

https://www.facebook.com/jerrybrown
mrbassin0614

Post by mrbassin0614 »

Thank you Mr. Marty for passing on there facebook and twiiter.
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Good stuff here guys, but I don't believe we should just depict ourselves as just "BASS FISHERMEN" here, I'd suggest addressing it in a wider scope, "I am a BAY, Delta & Lake Fisherman". All three of these resources, and species of fish that occupy them, will be seriously affected by this proposal. Great idea to attack his Budget vote, hit em where it hurts!
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

The Ag. industry wants it, and they put up the money to get it done.
"Money talks, and B.S. walks." Even if it's wrong.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

mark poulson wrote:The Ag. industry wants it, and they put up the money to get it done.
"Money talks, and B.S. walks." Even if it's wrong.
Yep, Central CA agribusiness takes a whopping 80% of the Delta's water exports...
Bassphish

Post by Bassphish »

Thanks Marty for the link to the governor. Below is my post....

Mr. Governor,
I’m sorry to hear you are about to approve and implement the building of the “peripheral canal”. I sure your father Pat would be so proud of you! Not only are you going to destroy the Delta by doing an end run to begin construction of the canal, but you also approved the bullet train.
As a long time Democrat and career politician, I thought you would be willing to look out for all Californians. But unfortunately, you are the pocket watch of big moneyed interests willing to keep you in office. You have proved the adage “the first job of a Politian is to get re-elected” time and time again.
I am a father paying my children’s way through college, something you wouldn’t have to worry about or have to do. I am a fisherman and conservationist, who like to see my grandchild and appreciate what my grandfather enjoyed and respected. Neither of these things seems to be a care or concern to you and for that I’m sorry. I am also a voter and tax-payer. The former you and your deep pocket friends appear to have successfully circumvented, the later you only need to finance these pipe dreams.
I’m sure you will tout these projects as good for the economy and will create jobs. So would desalination plants, and other means of conservation. I’m sure the expenditures for these projects would be better served in other ways, like schools and colleges for the citizens of California……
JB[quote][/quote]