Sherman

Jeff Jewell

Sherman

Post by Jeff Jewell »

Been a ton of Stripers in SHerman, they seem to be thinning out a little, anyone been getting them in the Break or in Franks? Has anyone hit Mildred?
When in Doubt " Set the Hook"
Grumpy

Re: Sherman

Post by Grumpy »

11/23 Visited my haunts along the San Joaquin, Franks and Mildred for a few small stripers, and a few bass. Water was 58 degrees, dirty in Franks but clean in Mildred with weeds everywhere we went. Marked very little bait and hardly any bird activity. Sunset this time of year you will normally see lots of shad dimpling the surface and jumping, saw none. Wheres the bait, water temps still too high I think.
Brad555

Post by Brad555 »

Well,i dont have any idea about it.
SacRtrain

Post by SacRtrain »

Nice Brad. The fish were up in the sacramento system but left about a week ago. Fishing was better before the cold came in. The water should be totally blown out up here or a while thanks to all the rain. Top water bite was pretty much nonextistant. white swimbaits with a drawn on charteuse line was the ticket. My guess is the fish will pull back to clearer water. The cool thing about the delta is somewhere is always fishable in the fall. Mildrid would be a good bet.