shimano citica drag problem

godzilla

shimano citica drag problem

Post by godzilla »

i have a problem with my citica 200e drag....just bought it not long ago brand new and this past month i've been going out for some stripers..caught a couple of good sizes around 10-15lbs...when my lure gets hit, i set the hook but then my drag seems to be slipping really bad! i checked and set my drag also before setting the hook but its still the same. also when i get the fish hook, the fish runs out and take drag, my drag doesn't spool out smooth....it jerks....is my gears messed up? how do i check for the problem...need some help!!! thanks all!
***GODZILLA AFTER MILFS!!...(MOMMAS I LIKE TO FISH)....***
bantam1

Re: shimano citica drag problem

Post by bantam1 »

Are you using braided line on the reel? If so the braid could be slipping on the spool.
godzilla

Post by godzilla »

bantam1 wrote:Are you using braided line on the reel? If so the braid could be slipping on the spool.
yea im using braid....
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

I think the braid is slipping on the spool. Did you use any tape or mono backing before spooling up?
godzilla

Post by godzilla »

bantam1 wrote:I think the braid is slipping on the spool. Did you use any tape or mono backing before spooling up?
not sure...i had a friend spool it up for me cause he works at a outdoor store...can you tell me whats the diff of having and without having the tape or mono backing?
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

The braid can slip on the spool if you do not use backing such as tape or a few yards of mono to splice the braid in. Make a small dot on the spool with a marker. Tighten the drag all the way and hold the line with your thumb. Turn the handle and you should see the dot move. This will show you that the line is slipping on the spool.