shotgun of choice

marklar

shotgun of choice

Post by marklar »

just curious to see what brand/type of shotgun everyone is using when duck hunting. i have grown up using a remington 870 express magnum. there is something about a pump action that makes duck hunting more fun for me. i just can never get used to the autos.
Ken C.

Re: shotgun of choice

Post by Ken C. »

I usually take my 870 as well. Simply because I think my Beretta 390 and Remington 1100 Autoloaders are too nice to take out in the muck. Besides I'm miss 'em just as good with either pump or auto!!! :lol: :lol:

I remember taking an autoloader out one day. I kept trying to pump it. The next day I took my pump back out and found myself pulling the trigger like it was an autoloader ... :shock:
Last edited by Ken C. on Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]
rickd

Post by rickd »

Benelli Nova pump. It's my first shotgun and like it a bunch.

My favorate gun is my Rugar 10/22 Mag, put a heavy bull barrel on it with a thumb hole stock. It's been deemed the verinator :evil:
rexford

Post by rexford »

My Browning auto 5
Dads Remington 1100
Grandpas Winchester Sweet 16

These are my favorites. The 16 kicks like a MULE
Ken C.

Post by Ken C. »

Mike, one of my autoloaders is a Remington 1100 LT in 20 ga. that I really like. Unfortunately its a magnum and it takes either 3" or really heavy loads to make it cycle. Those shells are expensive in 20ga.!!!

I would really like to get a O/U gun. More to just look at it and shoot clays than to take it out and bang it up! There's a Remington and a Baretta that I've been drooling on for quite some time... Santa, are you listening???
Brian

Post by Brian »

Browning Citori or my Browning Auto 5. Both great guns.
BigBossMan

Post by BigBossMan »

I shoot the Beretta Pintail and my father-in-law shoots a Benelli Supr Black Eagle. Both guns have the inertia driven ejection. I can only shoot 2 3/4" and 3". He can shoot up to 3 1/2". I've never needed to shoot 3 1/2" but he feels he needs it for the geese. Both guns are awesome. I keep an 870 express for back-up and he has a Browning BPS.
I have a 26" barrel and he has a 28 " barrel on his gun. He made fun of my 26" until he shot my gun and liked how light it was and easy to swing on the birds. I told him it's not the size of the barrel it's how well you use it :lol: :lol: :lol:
My father-in-law is a much better shot than I am. He's always backing me up and busting the birds I miss which, is more often than not. Maybe it is the shorter barrel. Maybe bigger is better :shock:
FIT

Post by FIT »

I just upgraded last year to a Benelli Nova pump and it is a great gun, i am also taking it out this weekend to try and get some roosters, first time upland for me.

FIT
Dukslayer26

Post by Dukslayer26 »

Been shooting a Winchester SuperX 2 for almost 7 years. I love it but it has broke on me a few times. Also Have a BPS 10 guage and a 870 which Is my back up. Never had a problem with 870
I love huntin cause I love going deep into the bush and I always shoot twice!!
Lance

Post by Lance »

Beretta 682, 30 in barrel, ported, briley chokes and polished triggers, but I dont hunt
scott h

Post by scott h »

Benelli s b e! nova for back up!
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(
krpierce

Post by krpierce »

Benelli. Super Black Eagle, left hand model....Best shotgun I have ever owned...
Dukslayer26

Post by Dukslayer26 »

Brought my buddy hunting with me who just bought the brand new super black eagle 2. Absolutley awsome gun! Fits great very light. Awsome gun. Going to buy one when my Super X2 wears out.
I love huntin cause I love going deep into the bush and I always shoot twice!!
Lance

Post by Lance »

Oh you guys have got to be kidding Benelli???? Those things are cheese :lol: :lol: :lol: Everyone knows the Super 90 (pre ban) is the greatist model
ryland7667

Post by ryland7667 »

Benelli M2. It's similar to the Super Black Eagle II except it doesn't take 3 1/2" shells and is about 400 dollars cheaper. It is very light, has very low recoil, and is a smooth operating gun. I love it.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
MikeSouza

Post by MikeSouza »

Benelli SBE II
MikeSouza

Post by MikeSouza »

Benelli SBE II
Dan Stahlman

Post by Dan Stahlman »

My primary gun is a Beretta Extrema 2 with the knock off recoil system. Fantastic gun and it will handle anything from 1 oz 23/4 to 31/2 duck and goose loads. My backup is a Beretta Pintail which is extremly fast handling. Both guns are very reliable.
BigBossMan

Post by BigBossMan »

Dan,
Have you ever had a failure to feed issue with your Pintail?