Side Image transducer on trolling motor

Moderators: Triton Mike, Doug Vahrenberg

brentehrler

Side Image transducer on trolling motor

Post by brentehrler »

I just put an SI tranducer on my Minn Kota. I've never been able to see what I do now. With my preset screens, I can switch between sonar, down scan, and side scan with the push of one button. Genius idea by having the presets like that. With the side image view, not only can I seen to the side of the boat but I can now pivot the trolling motor to the side and now see what's in front of me. It's easier to make a long cast now to structure without spooking the fish. One thing I did that I felt made it easier is that I have the Side Image screen only scanning to one side. For example, if I'm fishing down a bank on the left side(port side) of the boat, I put the SI screen to only scan left. Opened up a whole new world!
Doug Vahrenberg

Re: Side Image transducer on trolling motor

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

Brent thanks for sharing...It's really amazing some of the features I take for granted like the Humminbird Preset keys to quickly with one button change from one view to another and have instant access to the data. And Side Imaging on the trolling motor is the bomb! Getting the data you need and from the location you are fishing from has got to be a huge asset! Thanks for stopping in on Western Bass and sharing why you choose Humminbird!

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
Triton Mike

Re: Side Image transducer on trolling motor

Post by Triton Mike »

Putting SI on the T motor was the 2nd best thing I did for my fishing. PUtting it at the console was the first :). THere are so many instances where SI is helpful on the T motor a book couldn't cover it all. If you like schooling fish out deep putting SI on the troller is INVALUABLE in finding schools of fish that you would miss using straight up 2D sonar.

Mike