Snap shot vs. recording

Moderators: Triton Mike, Doug Vahrenberg

obsessed fisherman

Snap shot vs. recording

Post by obsessed fisherman »

I have made many recordings using my 798c si hd and a very few snap shots. My idea was to then pop the card and look at the recordings at my leasure on the computer with a bigger screen, reviewing banks that I moved down when making the recording. Haven't been real happy with any of the recordings thus far, not what I was expecting, which is basically a long picture.
I've noticed most of Doug's postings use snapshots. Is it just that the snapshots are easier, or do they give you more detail, or ...? When would I want to use a recording vs. a snapshot? Just like to hear some input from others.
Jim
Doug Vahrenberg

Re: Snap shot vs. recording

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

I use snapshots because I don't record all the time but snapshots can be made into recordings. Plus I can host snapshots and share with others. It's personally preference. I do alot of recordings but I play them back on my unit and can play with settings to get the best details and mark waypoints.

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson