Soak swimbaits in your favorite scent or not?

DeltaBassBuster

Soak swimbaits in your favorite scent or not?

Post by DeltaBassBuster »

I was wondering what the commom practice is out there with the swimbaits. I was wondering if I should take the time to soak my swimbaits (even the large 10 oz. ones}in my scent acctractant prior to use. I'm looking for some input please.
bassindon69

Re: Soak swimbaits in your favorite scent or not?

Post by bassindon69 »

Procure used a pic of me and a buddy of mine for some time. Even had a cardboard deal of it at one bassathon (wish I had that one now LOL) So I used scent and I guess it doesn't hurt but I can't say it helped either. The reason I say that is because I had just as good or better days with out scent.
So..... If you are not catching fish on your baits and you feel you need scent, then use it. If you feel you need more scent , try it. Confidence is everything, knowing what you are doing is right. If you question it then you have blame.
I don't use any scent anymore. But some live by it. This way or that is still going to catch. :wink:
Go Big or Go Home!
http://calfishing.com/gallery/v/members/bassindon69/basspics/
Ceaser

Re: Soak swimbaits in your favorite scent or not?

Post by Ceaser »

Smelly jelly sticks good and lubes soft swimmers for hooksets. a jelly or paste like scent will give you scent and lube. A rubber bait getting chomped can be hard to move in a big fishes mouth. I think the lube part is the biggest benefit
is that glitter!? Nice boat tinkerbell!