Some help would be greatly appreciated...

Moderators: Triton Mike, Doug Vahrenberg

hasetak

Some help would be greatly appreciated...

Post by hasetak »

Hello all. Just bought a boat and it had a 997c on the console and a 798ci on the bow. I wanted the bigger screen on the bow so I wapped them and put the 997c up front and the 798ci at the console. All I did was swap the units, I left the transducers where they were. I have a few questions that hopfully you all can help me with...

1) Can some one identify these transducers so I know what setting to put in the units....

2) Will these transducers work properly with the 997c on the bow / trolling motor and the 798ci on the console / transome?

3) Is the transome mounted transucer in the right location? From what I read in the manual and what I see running down the lake it is not in the optimum place, where would that be?

4) How do I take those screen shots so you guys can help me figure out what I am seeing?

5) How do I find out if these units are up to date as far as software goes and if not how do I update them?

I am sure I will have more questions but this is all I have for right now.

I would really like to learn how to use these units, and I have been through the manuals and still feel lost. I think I should add this is my first boat and my first real experience messing with electronics on a boat. So sorry for the ignorance, and thanks for any help.

hasetak
kraetzer

Re: Some help would be greatly appreciated...

Post by kraetzer »

You definetly have to adjust the transom transducer -> it should be level / horizontal when the boat is in the water!
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
hasetak

Post by hasetak »

I have everytime i put the boat in the water and it comes out like that everytime. Can I tighten the bolt to the point it wont move?
Doug Vahrenberg

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

1) This is the HDsi dual frequency SI Transducer

2) this the Trolling Motor Compact SI single frequency transducer

3) On high speed bass boats it can be difficult to get on-plane speed readings what most are doing it moutnign the SI transducer for more protection like on jackplate or higher on transom then using the XP 9 20 (2D only) Transducer and the AS SI DB Y Cable to split the 2D readings to the second transducer and then epoxy it in the hull to get all speed 2D readings

4) To get screen captures hit MENU twice then far right tab to Acessories then scroll down to Screen Capture and turn it to ON.

5) When Starting up hit Menu go to System Status and first page will tell you software version. Here's info on how to download and upload software:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TZtvcpzQRM

I have lots of Video Clips on You Tube on Humminbird Operation: http://www.youtube.com/user/imonbass?feature=mhum

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
obsessed fisherman

Post by obsessed fisherman »

Looks like your transom transducer needs tightened. I tighten mine so it would'nt flip up like that. You can also "fix it" in the down position, but I would try tightening 1st. (wish these posts had spell check :D )
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

hasetak wrote:Hello all. Just bought a boat and it had a 997c on the console and a 798ci on the bow. I wanted the bigger screen on the bow so I wapped them and put the 997c up front and the 798ci at the console. All I did was swap the units, I left the transducers where they were. I have a few questions that hopfully you all can help me with...

1) Can some one identify these transducers so I know what setting to put in the units....

2) Will these transducers work properly with the 997c on the bow / trolling motor and the 798ci on the console / transome?

3) Is the transome mounted transucer in the right location? From what I read in the manual and what I see running down the lake it is not in the optimum place, where would that be?

4) How do I take those screen shots so you guys can help me figure out what I am seeing?

5) How do I find out if these units are up to date as far as software goes and if not how do I update them?

I am sure I will have more questions but this is all I have for right now.

I would really like to learn how to use these units, and I have been through the manuals and still feel lost. I think I should add this is my first boat and my first real experience messing with electronics on a boat. So sorry for the ignorance, and thanks for any help.

hasetak
Picture 2 looks like the Quad Beam transducer. That is what I use on my trolling motor.
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I had the same problem with my transom mounted transducer.
It seemed like I could never get the bracket tight enough to hold it level.
Finally, to stiffen it, I put some silicone sealer, the same stuff I used to mount my TM tranducer, on the part of the transducer that's in the bracket. It set up stiff enough to hold when I motor.
I check it from time to time, because I know stuff happens.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
hasetak

Post by hasetak »

thanks for the input guys I will try and get that transome transucer to stay put and see if i can figure out how to get an image where i can see something.