Spokane Bass Club Banks Lake Tournament

ttb31183

Spokane Bass Club Banks Lake Tournament

Post by ttb31183 »

Our club had our annual two day event on Banks Lake last week. Luckily, I had been there quite a bit in the past month pre-fishing for the Northwest Bass Championship. I had a plan to fish close to the launch ramp because of all of the released fish. I didn't listen to my own advice the first day and ran all over the place and had three fish at around 1:00. When we returned to fish by the ramp the last two hours, I caught my biggest fish of the day and my non-boater did as well. I ended up with four fish for 7lbs...ouch!

Day 2, I stayed in the area around the ramp the whole time and weighed 12.27lbs. That moved me all the way up to 3rd as the fishing was tougher for most of the field. I should have listened to my gut and fished close by both days!

Besides the area having numerous released fish from previous tournaments, there are actually some great underwater points with rocks and grass on them. It creates a good spot and there is really no reason why fish would have to leave after being released after the weighin. Here's what my spot looked like on the map.

NavCharts

SonarCharts

Here is how the top finishers did what they did.

David Slater won the event with a two day total of 25.87lbs with 13.32 on the first day and 12.55 on the second day. He reportedly caught his fish on hula grubs on football heads. For his win, he took home $312.

Second Place was Steve Krestian who was very consistent, weighing 12.37 and 12.10 for a two day total of 24.47. He caught his fish with a tube rigged on a 1oz football head. He took home $234 for his finish.

Third Place was Tyler Brinks with a two day total of 19.37lbs. He had four fish for 7.10lbs on Day 1 and a limit weighing 12.27lbs on the second day. His fish came on a dropshot, football head, lipless crankbait and jerkbait. His winnings were $140.

Anthony Campbell finished in fourth with a two day total of 16.61lbs. He bounced back after having engine troubles on day one where he weighed 5.28lbs, and caught more than double that on day two with a limit weighing 11.33lbs. He caught his fish throwing a bait he calls “flubbers”. His winnings were $94.

Max Thrasher had big bass on Day 1, a 3.23lb smallie. He took home $125 for that prize. Heather Stiegelmeyer had big bass on Day 2 with a 3.56lb smallie, winning $125 for her catch.

Complete Results can be seen http://www.spokanebassclub.com/banks-la ... y-results/.
Tyler Brinks