Spoons and Jigs for Stripers

stkbass

Spoons and Jigs for Stripers

Post by stkbass »

What name brands of spoons and jigs work best for stripers? Any suggestions or prefernces...

I have never fished this way because it's just so boring to me... :mrgreen:

But might have to resort to this kind of fishing with the slow activity..thanks.
925_Angler

Re: Spoons and Jigs for Stripers

Post by 925_Angler »

3/4-1oz kastmasters and 1-1/4 - 2oz DUH spoons but i think they changed the name to blade runner or sumtn ... delta outdoors in oakley got all the colors and sizes u need ... morning dawn n chartreuse/silver color r the bangers
C&R stripers!
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Ditto !

....Also If you can get some white bucktail hackle. Get some and tie them onto your trebble hook.

Kastmasters back in the late '80's came with them - but they are rare to find anyomre in the 3/4 -1.5oz size out of the package. Kastmasters with Buckhair are also great on Tuna's. :D

Love the Duh's alot also- and I believe they are a greater pricepoint for color options and weight.

Now if you can find out of your grandpa's tacklebox a BIG ASSED "Super-Doo" - Chrome with the Red Outer Tip. :mrgreen: I lost it last year and can not find another one to save my soul for spooning ! :cry: :cry: :cry:
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
SLoGiN

Post by SLoGiN »

duh spoons are great...i still like cotton cordell 3/4 oz silver jigging spoons...hammered finish....i paint one side white or just leave them alone and add an owner trailer white tail..i add a black dot to every spoon i fish....i like the blue/white...pearl white and trout pattern duh spoons but at 6 bux i hate losing em....i love the thump of a striper on a spoon...all my best days numbers wise have been jigging spoons but im so addicted to topwater blowups its hard to pick up the jiggin rod sometimes