striper in american river

godzilla

striper in american river

Post by godzilla »

anyone know or have a clue of the regulation for fishing striper in the american river? i know they are out there but im afraid throwing my bait out there because i heard too many strict regulation there...if anyone knows hey please help me out..i would love to go out there..i check the dfg site but cant find anything about it. i heard something that the hooks has to be barbless and lure with one treble hook only plus barbless..and can only fish certain areas???...any info would help! thanks in advance!! tight lines!!
***GODZILLA AFTER MILFS!!...(MOMMAS I LIKE TO FISH)....***
godzilla

Re: striper in american river

Post by godzilla »

bump
jimmy87

Post by jimmy87 »

I think you are refering to the steelhead restrictions. Look up steelhead trout regulations forthe river/area. There you will find barbless hooks catch release only and even stream closures. These restritions are applied to waters not fish.
just shut up and fish
Terry Smith

Post by Terry Smith »

Look up the restrictions for Salmon and Steelhead and follow them to A "T" lure weight and hook sizes and barbs and you will be fine. The American River has some real MONSTERS in it.

HINT red head nose white body Pencil Popper ans soft shell crawdads is A good start

Good luck, Terry
http://www.basscat.com
http://www.tntbaits.com/
Lounge Lizard Extreme Bass Fishing
(916) 719-7225
thukidad

Post by thukidad »

Terry Smith wrote: HINT red head nose white body Pencil Popper ans soft shell crawdads is A good start

Good luck, Terry
x2 on soft crawdads :mrgreen:
rh_916

Post by rh_916 »

Dont forgot the sacramento river pike thats an good striper live bait to.
godzilla

Post by godzilla »

yea i've been going there here and there during my weekends and i had three times a 15#er chased my bull shad bait to the shore seems like they didnt want to commit to the bite. one of the time the tux striked it but it was a short strike on the tail and i didnt even get a chance to set the hook. :( but i've heard alot of good stuff out there right now tho. plus im just bank fishing so i ill be lucky if i see tux come by. any boater want to take me out? :D
rh_916

Post by rh_916 »

I bank fish to for stripers around the howe and watt area every year but only been there 1 time this year with no luck. I have an bull shad to that i want to try out to but havent had any time lately maybe this weekend if i dont go bass fishing.