talk me off the ledge!!!!!!

jetlag

talk me off the ledge!!!!!!

Post by jetlag »

We got our rears handed to us today. Researched all week to try and find a lake that was fishable. After getting some good advise and seeing how well guys did at the tournament on Oroville Saturday. We headed there. First one on the water and we threw everything we had at them for nothing. I could hardly find a fish on my graph. Water looked good. First time on the lake but we fished some areas that looked good. Found many incoming waterfalls and still nothing. I am assuming I have a technique problem. Did anyone fish it today and have good results. I am new to bass fishing but seem to have trouble with the steep bank lakes. I have only done well when throwing my LV 500 in clear lake this winter. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Bob
crawdaddy

Re: talk me off the ledge!!!!!!

Post by crawdaddy »

Just remember that Wild West is a 7 fish limit. Look at the weights and you can see it was not wide open. Rising water with color can always temper the bite up there. Don't sweat it too much some very knowledgeable teams struggled.
I would rather jog home from my own Vasectomy than spend Saturday at the mall.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Jetlag,

Oroville is fishing like crap right now. There were many good anglers that fish spotted bass all the time that struggled in WWBT event. It was worse than I thought it'd be. LOTS of fish were caught late in the day after 2:30 PM. Depending on the area of the lake.....the bite was different. The south fork and upper middle fork had reaction bite shallow in dirty water. The main lake and slot had a lot of deeper jig and Senko fish. Most fish were on points. There were also a fair amount of fish caught on drop shot and dart heads. Typical ways to catch spotted bass...Still the bite sucked. It was difficult to just fish down the bank and catch them. You'd fair better just running points and catching one here and there. You couldn't put fish on the graphs either. They were hugging the bottom. Many guys commented that the fish had mud or dirt on their bellies. When they're doing this the bite is tough.

Don't beat yourself up, fishing sucked!!!!
jetlag

Post by jetlag »

thanks Gary