The snail mail postal service sucks...

If it doesn't fit in any other forum, this is where it goes.
Rich461

The snail mail postal service sucks...

Post by Rich461 »

I live near Portland, Oregon. Tackle warehouse is in San Luis Obispo, Ca. I get UPS from them within 2 days of shipping date, routinely. I had a backorder at TW and they mailed it USPS on Friday the 11th of March. It got here today on the 17th. That is 6 days of travel time. Pony express was faster than that! Now I know why they are out of money all the time. Who puts up with that in this day and time? Certainly not businesses that need product and documents right away. Now if you want it faster, you will say, use Express Mail and pay extra. Doesn't work. I Express Mailed a package to a guy in Alameda, Ca last September. It took 3 1/2 days to get there. I went to FedEx and did the same thing a month later, to the same guy, and he got it the next day. It didn't cost anymore. (Both packages were laid off at 10 a.m.)

Here is another thing that I can't figure out. I ordered some items from Texas. It was shipped UPS standard rate. It got to Salt Lake City the day it was shipped out. It sat in SLC for 3 days. Then went to Seattle, then Portland, then Beaverton, then to me in 1 1/2 days. Why did it sit in SLC for 3 days? Just because it says it will take 5 days to get from Texas, does UPS have to make it so? Why didn't it leave SLC the next day?

I ordered an item from Denver, Colorado 2 years ago. I tracked that UPS package. It went all the way to Missouri, then back to Sacramento, then to Seattle, then to Portland, Beaverton and me. In Missouri, it sat for 2 days. I don't know who thought this system up but it really sucks. Missouri ?????
1997 Ranger 461VS
fshfool

Re: The snail mail postal service sucks...

Post by fshfool »

The Postal service needs to figure out how to get out from under its entitlement problems and then operate a consumer service business that works.