Is there an article on using worms w/ jigheads/darterheads?

StrictlyBiznuss

Is there an article on using worms w/ jigheads/darterheads?

Post by StrictlyBiznuss »

Hey Guys...
I was just wondering if there was a good article on this website or any others that went into some good detail about all the how-tos of using worms on jigheads/darterheads. This is a technique that I've just never really felt very confident in. I've caught some fish here and there with it, but nothing very consistent. I'm looking for help with about anything and everything about it...from choosing a good bait to when, where, and how to fish it. Just trying to figure out this whole deal the best that I can. Thanks guys...
Alex---------<* ((( ><
aNNieNsaLTIE

Re: Is there an article on using worms w/ jigheads/darterhea

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

go tot the library section. chooch and others have some very good articles. also there is a westernbass tv section too....lots of info here just got to look or ask......

saLTIE-
StrictlyBiznuss

I know that there's a lot of good articles on this website in the library...the only problem is...I don't see any kind of "search" option for the libray. So how am I to know which article will help me with what I'm looking for? Because you really can't tell just by looking at the titles of the articles...
Alex---------<* ((( ><
RobO

Post by RobO »

StrictlyBiznuss,
Check out Bassdozer - scroll down to jigfishing - lots of good info.
http://www.bassdozer.com/articles.shtml
RobO
StrictlyBiznuss wrote:Hey Guys...
I was just wondering if there was a good article on this website or any others that went into some good detail about all the how-tos of using worms on jigheads/darterheads. This is a technique that I've just never really felt very confident in. I've caught some fish here and there with it, but nothing very consistent. I'm looking for help with about anything and everything about it...from choosing a good bait to when, where, and how to fish it. Just trying to figure out this whole deal the best that I can. Thanks guys...
SethB

Post by SethB »

Check out last issue of in-fishermen pretty good jig/darterhead article. Pretty sure they cover any questions you might have. As for my lead head fishing a 3/8-1/2 football head and a hulagrub is tough to beat in any deep, clear water. My seven year old has no problume loading the boat with a 1/16-1/4oz darterhead and just about any 4"-6" worm. Not alot of size but lots of fish. Great bait for beginers not much of a hookset is required and alot of the mush bites that might otherwise be missed are hooked fish due to the exposed hook.
Take a kid fishing
StrictlyBiznuss

Hey Guys....
Thanks for the bits of advice and the links to the articles. It helped. I went fishin' the other morning here and was determined to put some of my new knowledge on the topic to the test. Worked out pretty good. Caught a good mess of fish throwin' a worm on a darterhead with good consistency. Definitely a technique I will be integrating into my arsenal more often now...
Alex---------<* ((( ><
MrSkeeter

Post by MrSkeeter »

Chris
" ... An adventure is a disaster that fails to kill you. A disaster is an adventure that does ..."
[url=http://www.bassclassics.org]Bass Classics of Santa Clara[/url]
[url=http://5littleones.googlepages.com/index.htm]My Home Page[/url]